Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Patches  (Read 8822 times)

Rowan

Re: Patches
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 08:47:14 AM »

In the book I am reading at the moment "Menopause A-Z Staying in Control" by Joe Kabyemela MD she says that hot baths are not a good idea when wearing the patch and says it interferes with the way the estrogen   patch works.

She suggests showering and having a bath on the day you change the patch. As I don't have a shower and bathe daily , I put the patch higher so it is above the water line.

I think the top of the arm is best for me as I very rarely go sleeveless.  Also as the directions for applying Estrogel is applying on alternate arms from shoulder to wrist I can't see what harm there is, the principle is the same.

If you go to Hystersisters  some of the ladies say that their surgeons place a patch on the  back of the shoulder while in the operating room after the op.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:53:25 AM by silverlady »

Joyce

Re: Patches
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 12:18:32 PM »

The things I'm learning about patches. I like a bath, though only have one once or twice a week. Showers the rest of the time. Can't say I've noticed any difference on bath days.
Used to use gel on upper arms, hated legs sticking together if I put on inner thighs.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]