News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: ACHY!  (Read 3551 times)

jacquiellen

ACHY!
« on: June 25, 2013, 08:12:01 AM »

Hi,
Does anyone else ache from HRT, well it does seem to have got worse since I have been taking HRT. I am taking a very lose dose continuous HRT called Premique, been taking for 2mths and one week at first I felt fine but hot flushes still coming frequently especially at night then at about the 3 week mark hot flushes seemed much better and I was only getting one at night time but just recently I seem to always have a bad shoulder or back, is this just getting older and nothing at all to do with HRT would be interested to hear if anyone else experiencing this?
Oh also just to add to the joy I get the three day headache that no pills will shift  >:( after a while all this makes you feel so down and depressed, the days I actually feel good are so few and far between lately spend most of my time in bed feeling rotten. Moan over but love to hear if these aches are from HRT ? Doctors don't seem to know much at all  :(

meno lesley

Re: ACHY!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 12:03:16 PM »

I too have a lot of pain in feet, knees, legs, back, etc. I take hrt and can't work out if it is me or the hrt. Tried to lower dose but to see but a lot of my old symptoms came back so gave up.

Lesley x

Witches Cat

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 12:37:49 PM »

Hi you two... I'm achy too... Back, knees, ribs... the list goes on, doc wasn't that helpful (he's usually so good, retiring next month though) I'm on Elleste duet conti, top dose. He said there was nothing else I could have so we'd try reducing the dose to wean me off it. 1 tablet every other day, felt rubbish like this so tried cutting them in half, they'd fly over my shoulder as the knife went through, so couldn't get a steady daily dose that way, in the end I said Sod It and stopped all together.  That was 2 months ago. Now even more achy, and the flushes are back, concentration gone and anxiety awful... so worried I'm dying.... so going back to one every other day and just hope something improves. Maybe when the new doc takes over I can sort something else out. So basically, my aches got worse with out the HRT.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 12:41:53 PM »

Meno consultant suggested I increase HRT to help with achiness. I haven't done so though as I'm trying to wean myself off, plus even on higher dose I was achy. Yesterday I was aching top to toe, today is a better day, though still quite tired.

skkb

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 02:10:56 PM »

I weaned myself right down to 3 times a week, for 4 years all was fine, no symptoms of any kind, then 4 months ago....wham....back came the night sweats & flushes, completely out of the blue, awful. Doc said my oestrogen levels must have dropped further so I should increase the hrt !!!! But I'm 63 & have been on hrt for 10 years now, this doesn't seem to concern my doc at all. Now into my second week of increased dose & symptoms are disappearing again. Doubt I'll EVER be able to come off..........and my regime seemed to be going so well. No aches & pains to bother me though, well so far, but who knows !!!

Witches Cat

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 10:08:06 AM »

Thanks Stellajane, I'll get one.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 10:14:21 AM »

I've ached for years.  I have a cyst in the back of the left knee which is ouchy painful intermtitently - my hips and back ache and sciatica keeps me awake in the early hours.  I get out of bed like an old woman  >:( - and I don't take HRT ............

skkb

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 10:49:29 AM »

Thanks Stellajane, that's what I thought I would do,,reduce back in a couple of weeks. I was in the midst of a complete life change when it started and did wonder if that's what triggered it !!

ladybird52

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 12:40:25 PM »

I am also taking a low dose premique continuous tablet and whilst I have also had aches and pains for years for the first couple of months on HRT I started getting strange aches in muscles in the tops of my arms and shoulders which I didn't have before.  Also hips very bad and sciatica also keeps me awake at night.  On the up side, all other nasty meno systems under control, feeling much better and calmer with no hot flushes.