Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Worrying symptoms  (Read 3259 times)

k9love

Worrying symptoms
« on: June 20, 2013, 02:15:15 PM »

Im post meno, but am having symptoms that seem to be something else.

Had a scan about a year ago and was told i have simple cysts, well Im getting this pressure thing again in pelvis area, and weight gain!! are they things that come with meno? Ive never really had meno problems only the flushes, now Im worried Ive got something else :(

Im going back to docs on Monday to ask for a CA125 test, if they will give me one ::)

So does anyone think its just meno symptoms? and why cant I lose weight :(

Thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Worrying symptoms
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 02:28:48 PM »

I would worry to so best have a long chat with your GP.

Weight gain can be muscular or fat  >:( .......... we are what we eat  ::) - how's your exercise regime?

gilaray

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 05:04:07 PM »

If you had a scan a yr ago its very unlikely that the simple cysts would have turned in to anything else
If the hospital would have thought they were going to be a problem surely they would have removed them
Pressure in the pelvis can be from vaginal atrophy
I had cysts on my ovaries and the consultant said that they would never cause any pain or discomfort
Weight gain is common during meno
Still no point in driving yourself mad with worry - go and get yourself checked for peace of mind

k9love

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 05:59:36 PM »

I would worry to so best have a long chat with your GP.

Weight gain can be muscular or fat  >:( .......... we are what we eat  ::) - how's your exercise regime?

Thanks for your replies, my exercise regime is good, I walk 2 or 3 times a day with the dog and my job involves a lot of walking too, thats why I cant understand why my weight wont shift :'(