Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: hacked email  (Read 8569 times)

clio

hacked email
« on: June 10, 2013, 05:16:57 AM »

Ive got several email addresses luckily that I use for different things, however one that I dont really use got hacked whilst exchanging emails with my friend. Has anyone else had theres hacked and what did you do??

Taz2

Re: hacked email
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 07:07:34 AM »

The first thing to do is change your password. You could google the account provider to see what their policy is. It happened to me on hotmail but they locked my account as soon as they detected that someone else was using it and I had to go through security questions before I could access my emails again. It's such a pain. I have had spoof emails supposedly sent by friends (all on Outlook) over the past two weeks but I remembered not to click on the link!

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 11:03:55 AM »

Also make sure your password is complex so not easy to hack - since there are programmes that do the hacking by trial and error make sure it's a mixture of caps and lower case and with numbers and letters, so less easily hacked.

So not "Password" or "Admin" for example"  ;D

Hurdity x

Trey

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 04:47:12 PM »

I almost fell for a bad scam, involving the terrorist country of Qatar and had my Apple consultant triple firewall my computer.  I have an Internet provider, Comcast, but changed my DNS to Google, which is the equivalent of military encryption.  But even the military gets hacked.  What a world?

Hurdity, Dr. Eliz. Vliet is thirty minutes from where I live, but I'm not seeing GYNs anymore unless a big prob arises.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 04:12:25 PM »

Hurdity, Dr. Eliz. Vliet is thirty minutes from where I live, but I'm not seeing GYNs anymore unless a big prob arises.
??? er....OK

clio

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 11:11:22 AM »

Think I hot it sorted, what a nightmare  :'(