Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: vacumn cleaners  (Read 12264 times)

kerrieann

vacumn cleaners
« on: June 11, 2013, 12:49:31 PM »

hi all i wonder if as many of you as possible would give me their views on vacumn cleaners not very exciting i know but since going from wooden floors back to carpets we are struggling to find a good hoover we have had a henry for about 2 years and its brilliant on wooden floors and tiles but really hard to drag along on a deep pile carpet so we bought a dyson animal and finding it pretty useless going over and over the same carpet dont want to waste any more money so wonder what others find good

libby1

Re: vacumn cleaners
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 02:05:23 PM »

I've got a Miele and it's fab!  :)

Libby
x

kerrieann

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 02:26:06 PM »

libby is that upright or cylinder ?

Scampi

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 02:43:14 PM »

I've got an upright Dyson Animal and it's great - picks up all our dog's fur first pass.  Sorry :(

kerrieann

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 02:53:23 PM »

scampi is your carpet long or short pile  iam begining to wonder is ours is faulty as when you turn it on and tip it over you cant feel an awful lot of suction :(

ellie

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 03:19:51 PM »

We have two upright dysons.....one is the roller ball, but we prefer the ordinary one.....Both pick up wonderfully.

libby1

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 03:55:32 PM »

Hi Kerrieann

It's a cylinder.  :)

Libby
x

ariadne

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 08:38:56 PM »

I've got a Vax Mach Air upright bagless. It's lightweight and has very good suction. It does have a couple of bad points though - the hose is not long enough and an extension is not included. And you cannot vacuum anything with the handle upright - you have to lower the handle or the brushes stop turning and the suction is lost. By that I mean if you are lazy like me and for example want to vacuum a couple of stairs without using the hose and you try to lift the vacuum onto the stairs, it won't suck!

It's a zillion times better than the upright Panasonic I had before that though

ariadne xx

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 09:28:34 PM »

Upright ordinary Dyson. Pretty good all round. This is our second one. Last one was good for about 10 years then the motor packed in. Good suction. But if you've got stairs it would be hard & heavy to lift. But there are cylinder ones which I'm sure would be just as good.

kerrieann

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 09:41:31 PM »

thanks ladies  i wonder if the ladies who have the dyson with the ball would put your hand under the bottom when its next on and feel if theres much suction sounds mad but thats wat weve done and there doesnt seem to be much compared with the henry which will suck your hand to the pipe  really think it may be faulty  and as weve had it since november it still under gaurante

Scampi

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 06:40:49 AM »

I don't know about the 'normal' brushed cleaning head on the cleaner itself, but the hose of my Dyson could suck the innards out of an elephant! 

It is heavy for lifting upstairs, but the hose is long enough to do the whole staircase while the machine stands at the bottom, and being an 'Animal' model it has a mini brush-head that's great for the stairs.

ellie

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 07:49:52 AM »

Yes the dyson with ball has good suction, we have a dog that moults a lot and it picks all the hair up well.

Elena

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 07:54:05 AM »

Kerrieann I think you may have accidentally switched off the suction.  I have the small ball dyson and I've done this several times.

If you ring the free Dyson helpline and explain your problem they will help you.  They're very good :)  I would try to explain here but I dont have the machine to hand and I might forget to tell you something vital!

Scampi

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 09:24:17 AM »

Oh yes - I forgot you could do that!  Did it once with the cyclinder Dyson I have at our caravan - took me a while to work it out, but it was easy once I knew what I'd done!!

kerrieann

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 09:44:48 AM »

thanks ladies will have a look at how the suction is switched off maybe what weve done :D
Pages: [1] 2