Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Something is working, not sure what  (Read 2466 times)

jackierossa

Something is working, not sure what
« on: June 10, 2013, 12:24:55 PM »

Hello everybody.  I am so pleased to have somewhere to talk about this, I cannot believe what a taboo menopause symptoms are until I had them!  My fingers are crossed because 2 weeks ago I was desperate,  I was having hot flushes hourly that left me agitated and drenched in sweat.  I had tried some herbs and remedies but no relief. I desperately did not want to go on HRT but was waking every hour and exhausted, plus I never felt clean due to all the sweating!

I came on here and read all the posts and decided to give myself a month to sort it out and to blast it with everything.  bizarrely, I had hot flushes for around 2 months before xmas, but I was also ill then with pneumonia and the doctor said that they were not hot flushes, but the infection.  I thought he was right because they disappeared round about xmas, but returned late February.  the only thing I used back in December was lavender oil to try to reduce the agitation that I was feeling when they occurred.

well, thanks to all the advice on here I got a ladycare magnet, took 1000 gm of starflower oil and 1000 gm of evening primrose a day as well as menopace.  Nothing had changed after a week and then I remembered the lavender. I bathed in it, I have a roller applicator and I put it on my pillow at night.
no kidding, within a week I am flush free. 
I don't know if this is coincidence, and obviously I don't know what helped or if they just came to an end, but they got weaker and weaker and although sometimes I feel a slight sensation of warmth on occasions I barely notice it. the night ones took a bit longer but I have now had 3 nights without waking. I feel I have my life back and I am so grateful

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Something is working, not sure what
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 03:29:01 PM »

:welcomemm:  does it matter whether it worked?  You are feeling better.  Herbs have been used for Centuries across the World without really knowing if/how they work.

Browse round.  Join in!

Evenstar

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 09:42:15 PM »

Hi and welcome. I swear by Evening Primrose and Starflower too :)

Elena

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 10:13:22 PM »

Great news :)

A friend of mine had a tincture made up for her meno probs (flushes etc) and was very pleased with the result.

Billie Blaster

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 09:01:18 PM »

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for letting us know of your success, and welcome to the forum.  I've never heard of the Ladycare magnet before -- interesting.  I have had dry, crepey skin for over about a decade now (since my thirties) and I wonder if I should give the EP and star flower oil a shot in order to help.  Star flower is known as borage in the garden and I've had that growing in three gardens now, so it would be nice to think that it could help.

Take it easy,

Billie Blaster