Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Coming off Cerazette or "just" the menopause?  (Read 5176 times)

beaniegirl

Coming off Cerazette or "just" the menopause?
« on: June 07, 2013, 03:57:49 PM »

Hello

I wonder if anyone has anything similar to this in the middle of the lower abdomen - sometimes a hollow, unhappy, unsettled feeling, sometimes a sensation like a hot, irritated jelly wobbling about inside. Also ocassional short stabbing feelings where I imagine my ovaries are, lower back ache & aches in my hips, especially on the left side. I have had blood tests (all OK except a slightly high thyroid reading which my GP isn't concerned about), urine test (OK) & a scan (all OK). My GP has referred me for a colonoscopy in a few weeks' time, but I'm so confused I don't know if these feelings are coming from bowel, bladder or womb! I'm 55, had my last period last July & came off Cerazette a couple of months ago. Could this be menopause, coming off the pill, being a neurotic woman or a combination of all three?!

Thanks

Taz2

Re: Coming off Cerazette or "just" the menopause?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 04:59:47 PM »

Hi beaniegirl - just wanted to welcome you.

I used to get the sort of feelings you describe when a period was imminent so I associated it with a drop in progesterone which, if you have stopped cerazette, will be what's happening to you. Someone else will be along soon with more knowledge.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 07:10:36 PM »

Hi beaniegirl - welcome from me too.

I can't say what your feelings and pains are due to but just to say that when I came off HRT for 3 months a couple of years ago, I had all sorts of indefinable pelvic pains which I couldn't work out what they were. It was like lower pelvic pain, low backache and could have been bladder or womb. It was particularly worse in the evenings and I had to rest and put my feet up ( unlike me!). I even went to the doc to have it investigated, was given a scan and all was OK.

Anyway because my flushes and sweats had also come back I went back onto HRT and these feelings and pains disappeared. I have just turned 60.

I presumed afterwards that it was something to do with the lack of oestrogen causing loss of collagen and making my organs sag and feel uncomfortable but I don't really know!

Good that you are being investigated just to check everything out but maybe it's time of some oestrogen replacement in the form of HRT, but you would need a progestogen too to protect the womb lining?

Hurdity x

beaniegirl

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 03:22:55 PM »

Thank you both for your welcome & thoughts on this.