Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Symptoms returning  (Read 2361 times)

Helen Green

Symptoms returning
« on: June 10, 2013, 01:42:40 PM »

Hi Ladies

I am 45 and been peri for last few years, not confirmed by blood tests as they showed normal levels but I know from many symptoms.

Started on Prempak low dose because suffering with terrible anxiety, low mood, no energy or interest in doing things I used to love and palps.  Had lots of other symptoms, sweats, aches, bad skin, missed and very irregular periods etc etc.  First month felt great, energy had returned, things were no longer an effort, mood had lifted, felt back to my old self, sweats gone and slept great.

I am now two weeks into my second month and things have started to return, feeling very low again, yawning all day, no energy can't be bothered doing anything and can feel sweats creeping in again.

Does this mean that HRT is not working for me or do I need to up the dose or is it just me being impatient and need to give it more time.  I do not have any friends with peri symptoms or indeed on HRT so I have no one to ask
of their experiences and do not want to got back to docs for him to just fob me off.

Hoping someone can help.

Many thanks.  Helen x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Symptoms returning
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 03:31:49 PM »

You may need a hike in doseage.  When I am confused after a GP appt. I make another and go back, "I'm not sure what you told me last week, I was only listening with half an ear" type confession which leaves him to explain or embellish what I was told.  I'm sure someone will be along who takes HRT otherwise look at the search button and put in the 'product' name.

Limpy

Re: Symptoms returning
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 05:10:19 PM »

Hi Helen

You felt good during your first month of prempak, so it obviously helped you fairly quickly.

Go and see your GP and describe what has happened. When I started HRT (not prempak) I was told it could take a couple of months before I felt any benefits. You felt benefits early on which appear to be wearing off.
Go and find out what is going on, it did work for you initially. Perhaps ask about upping the dose

Good Luck