Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Stomach ache since taking multi-vitamins for a week, I also take vitamin D3  (Read 3814 times)

JeanneA

Hi has anyone else experienced stomach ache whilst taking mulit-vitamin tablets? I only started taking them a week ago, one a day and I'm having stomach ache mostly all the time. I also take vitamin D3 chewable tablets 2 a day, which I've been taking for a while now and I have had no problems whilst on these.  The stomach problems only started since taking the multi-vitamins. I would appreciate any advice please, many thanks.

I wondered as I'm already taking vitamin D3 tablets a day, perhaps the multi-vitamins are reacting against them somehow?

The reason I started taking the multi-vitamins was I kept hearing on this site and other menopause sites how they help menopausal women.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 06:47:15 AM by JeanneA »

littleminnie

I had a quick google and taking too much can cause stomach cramps. Perhaps there is vitamin d3 in the multi vitamins and you are now taking too much?

Dyan

Haven't had a problem with vitamins Jeanne but I did with some probiotic tablets once.
Made me feel sick with stomach cramps.
Are you on any prescribed medication?
I wondered cos I take ADs and am on HRT and I wondered if the probiotic interacted with either of these so I stopped taking the probiotic.
I've been taking confiance supplement now for years which had vitamins,minerals etc for women before,during and after the menopause and I've never had a problem with these.

honeybun

There really is only one way to find out and that's to stop them. Leave it for a little while until you have no pain and then try again.

Some vitamin pills have fillers added so it could be that.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

I would think that you are overdosing on the vit D3. Vit D3  is usually included as standard in multivitamins so you are getting a double dose. Check the label on the multivitamin box. Are you sure you need to take both? I don't take any though so who am I to say!  ;D

Taz x

JeanneA

I have overdosed on vitamin D you are right, I've just checked the multi-vitamin bottle, plus these vitamins have iron and I've read that iron can upset your stomach.  I realise I should be taking multi-vitamins without iron in.  Can anyone tell me please being menopausal do i need to take other vitamins other than vitamin D3, do I need B6 & B12 for example?

Taz2

It depends if you are low in them. I don't take any supplements at all and that seems to be fine for me. Surely a multi vitamin has all of those in? Have you had your blood tested for iron levels?

Taz

JeanneA

Hi Taz yes I've had my blood tested for iron and I'm fine so I definitely think taking vitamins with iron in just isn't for me.