Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bipolar disorder or perimenopausal symptoms?  (Read 27542 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bipolar disorder or perimenopausal symptoms?
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2013, 09:29:13 AM »

Are you in the US?

Prozac made me angry - shows how different we all are ......... Having suicidal thoughts doesn't mean we will act on them, but it is scarey  - been there, survived !  My previous response was before I had read all the other posts.  I take 5mg of AD at night and 5mg in the morning, plus Rescue Remedy if necessary.

Let us know how you get on!

monsterfromid

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2013, 04:58:18 PM »

Hello CLKD, I was getting incredible anxiety with my depression. Seems to be settling down now. Anxiety has been a component of my menopause journey. Several years ago I would get the shakes and bouts of nausea. The higher dosage of Lithium was undoubtedly making the shaking worse. I'm still twitchy and anxious but it's just about bearable. Before the depression set in I'd been managing well with low doses of Diazepam now and then whenever the anxiety got too much and was preventing me from functioning. You sound like you're having a rough time too. Someone tell me it gets better!

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2013, 05:22:58 PM »

I did have if ruff several years ago, thought I would never survive.  Taking the 5mg AD at night and at breakfast, plus the Betablocka at night helps DH and I have a Life again.  Eating regularly is important to stop that awful drop in blood sugar which can cause adrenaline surges = shaking + nausea.  Keeping hydrated and exercising can help too. 

It DOES get better  .......... I used Valium on an as-necessary basis and I do self medicate the ADs if I require a boost.

cox1058

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2013, 08:37:21 AM »

I really agree about the exercise, but when you sometimes have such 'dodgy heads' and feel washed out, it is really hard to find the motivation.  No two days are ever the same for me and some days I could walk for miles, others, I can barely stand up without having to hold on to something as I feel like I am just going to fall over.  I like swimming, but being overweight, I don't like going to crowded, public baths.  I joined a hotel club a couple of years ago as the pool was so quiet, but because of these funny heads, I stopped going as I was fearful I may flake out in the pool and drown............. I hate this 'change' so much.  The frustrating thing is that in the circle of people I know around a similar age, everyone seems to be getting on with it and never mentions any symptoms - that's what made me so grateful for finding this site.  To know there are other people out there who are experiencing the same sort of thing - I am not going mad. 

Dyan

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2013, 09:03:21 AM »

No you're not going mad cox1058.
I often look at people when I'm going through a meno blip and whether they are feeling or have felt the way I do.
Talking to my friends not many of them have,or more to the point, I don't think they like to admit it.
I tell it as it is,I'm afraid.
Thank heavens for this site.
Without it I think I would feel like I'm going out of my mind.

nelliedee

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2013, 10:05:32 AM »

Couldnt agree more THANK HEAVENS FOR THIS SITE as a year ago I truly thought I was losing my mind which fuelled my anxiety to fever pitch. Through this site I learnt so very much and have kept learning all year. A year on I am now fairly educated on hormones, anxiety ect all of which I had never really paid much attention to. Knowing its hormones probably causing the latest problems helps me big time. I would like to add that 'time' is needed to help heal in many instances and alot of us need to slow down, cut yourself some slack and focus on yourself cos your are very important and lovely xx

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2013, 10:09:33 AM »

Well Said!  Also I think that when others have gone through those symptoms it is easy to forget what it actually felt like ........  :-\

I have the woozy head a lot recently.  This morning I tripped over a stone which wasn't actually in my way, how did that happen  >:(
Pages: 1 2 [3]