Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Home test kits????  (Read 4681 times)

LizeeeH

Home test kits????
« on: June 06, 2013, 08:32:25 AM »

So im thinking of purchasing one.....are they accurate or just a waste of money! Have any of you lovely ladies bought one and which is the best ;) ;)

Liz xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Home test kits????
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 09:34:16 AM »

Home test kit for what exactly?

If it's for hormone levels my Gynae won't do blood tests because our hormones are so variable 24/7.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 01:03:38 PM »

Don't think you can buy one for hormones CLKD.

The only test kit that does anything with hormones is a pregnancy or ovulation kit and I somehow don't think that's what Lizee will be looking for.

Honeyb
X

LizeeeH

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 01:19:35 PM »

You can get them online....its tests ur urine and it can indicate if your menopausal or not? :-\

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 04:24:08 PM »

Do not buy these.  Go to your GP or Practice Nurse.  Or speak to a Pharmacist locally.

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 08:16:41 PM »

Why would you want to spend money on this.

Most GPS go on symptoms alone as blood tests are very unreliable and I can't see that a urine test could be any more accurate.

Best visit your GP. In any case if you wanted treatment you would have to visit the GP anyway.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 11:03:26 PM »

Hi Lizeee - reading through your old posts I see that you have a fear of needles - is this why you would like to try a urine sampling kit? To be honest as you are 55 I would think that you are definitely in menopause - especially reading all of your symptoms such as the aches and pains, hot flushes etc. I don't think your doc would bother to do a blood test to be honest. Why not make the appointment to discuss your symptoms?

Taz x

LizeeeH

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 07:13:21 AM »

I will do thanks taz xx :)

Smokey

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 09:01:29 PM »

I brought one when I thought I was in meno I got it from Boots I expect most pharmacys sell them you get two stick and a pot you wee in put test stick in and wait several mins and indicator tells you if your in meno or not second test is to re test two weeks later, I thought it was easy to use and accurate I think it was about £15 if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 09:34:15 AM »

hormone blood tests are notoriously un-reliable.  What do you expect a home-testing kit to show and how will you know at what stage you are 'in' ?