Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Brain fog?  (Read 3405 times)

MINNIE

Brain fog?
« on: May 30, 2013, 01:00:45 PM »

Good afternoon ladies. I have been posting for about 18 months now, whingeing about the physical tolls that hormone depletion has on my body. I started to take low dose HRT for about a year, with not a great deal of difference in how I felt. My main problems were IBS and pelvic/back pain, so my consultant has started me on amitriptyline to relax the pelvic muscles at night. I came off the HRT, as I say, because there was no real difference but now I am wondering if I should reconsider: 1. Should I have tried patches instead of tablets, better for the digestion? and 2. Should it be a higher dose? The pelvic pain has sort of been explained, as tight pelvic muscles but it is the head fog that I now struggle with, at work I find it hard to concentrate, and am making very silly mistakes, which crushes my confidence even more, I am so fed up. Is there an HRT that is particulary good for mental/cognitive problems?

Hope you can advise.

MINNIE XX

Joyce

Re: Brain fog?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 02:51:10 PM »

Doubt there's an HRT out there which specifically helps cognitive problems. More to do with it making you feel better generally.

However, I switched from tablet to gel form some years ago as I cannot take lactose, an ingredient found in many tablets. It certainly helped my tummy. I'm now on patches.

Might be worth a rethink and a chat with your doctor.

MINNIE

Re: Brain fog?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 03:50:29 PM »

Thanks cubagirl, had a feeling that was the case. I think I need to have a big rethink on what I am going to do with medication over the next few months, and stick to it! I have chopped and changed everytime someone has suggested something new, usually non-hrt, and I have thought it would work overnight, but it hasn't! I think going to a gynae consultant has not always been the wisest choice, lovely man, very knowledgeable, but don't think menopause and treatments are his "thing", unbelievable I know, but it isn't, and my GP is the same, very sympathetic but not an advocate of HRT! I am starting a new job in about 3 weeks, so really need to be top of my game, with a clear head, so I am going to source a good meno clinic, that will perhaps find a more "accurate! HRT.

MINNIE, always moaning! xxx