Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hystroscopy and biopsy  (Read 4326 times)

pixigirl

Hystroscopy and biopsy
« on: May 28, 2013, 03:03:07 PM »

hi, i am interested to hear from any of you who have been through this. I had mine done last friday and am waiting for the results.     They said it all looked ok and just need to wait. The lining of the womb was thicker than would have liked to see which is why i had to have it done. What i am unclear about is , that if the report comes back clear, which i am sure it will do. What do i do nexr as i am still spotting and bleeding, not a huge amount but about every 2 weeks and very inconvienient. I have decided to stop my hrt as i have been on it far to long and was advised by the hospital to do so. This has made no  difference to the spotting at all.

Hannah1

Re: Hystroscopy and biopsy
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 04:45:43 PM »

Hi Pixiegirl

I have had this done too with womb biopsies taken.  When the biopsy results came back, which was all fine, the Gynea then booked me in to have a D & C to clear thickened womb lining and he also found a polyp at the same time which he removed.  All has been fine since and that was about 6 months ago.  I guess they like to have the results of biopsies first before deciding on what exactly you will need done.

Good luck and I am sure everything will be ok.

Keep us posted

Hannah

pixigirl

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 05:03:34 PM »

Hannah. Thank you for your reply. I kind of guessed they may offer me that, i will have to wait and see, i will keep you posted when i hear from them, as you know its all a waiting game. xx

Hannah1

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 05:28:35 PM »

Hi Pixie

Have they told you when the results are expected back?  The Gynea asked me to make an appt for the following week after taking the biopsies as he said he would have them back by then.  It did seem a long week as I am a worrier but glad it was all dealt with promptly.  There was a cancellation on his list for a fortnight's time and so I was happy to be booked in that slot and get it over with.

Good luck and I shall be thinking about you.

Hannah  x

pixigirl

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 05:44:09 PM »

Hannah, Hi there. you were lucky, i have to wait 3 weeks till i hear. Oh well not to worry. x