Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New to this forum - suffering with head pressures and facial pins & needles  (Read 3833 times)

nemo1843

Hi

Having had a hysteretomy, but kept my ovaries, I believe I am now going through the menopause, but with no periods difficult to judge.  Last year had night sweats and the odd hot flash but for the last couple of weeks have experienced daily head pressure and tingling in face and hands.  Wake up in the night with awful neck pressure through to head, never becomes a full blown headache.  Anyone else experienced these problems.

Many thanks for any replies, am imagining all sorts of horrible things.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

:welcomemm:  what support did you get from the Consultant and his team after the hysterectomy which was how long ago?

We get all types of aches, pains, feelings as we age.  Have you read any of the menus, left of screen?  Browse round, join in!

nemo1843

Hi CLKD

Thanks for the reply.  Had the hysterctomy 7 years ago now.  Was told that I would go through menopause as the ovaries had been let in and did not worry about that.  Flushes were a bother but this sudden head stuff is scary.  Had the FSH test which showed peri menopausal.

Have been searching through the forum and learning as much as possible from other people.

Taz2

Hi Nemo - welcome from me too.

Although aches and pains are common during menopause your symptoms sound very similar to mine when I was first diagnosed with a neck problem. The tingling in the face and hands is often down to pressure in the neck. Have you ever had a whiplash injury? I find that a course of physio works wonders so I'd mention it to your doc. Sometimes if you pull your shoulders back you can bring on the tingling symptoms. Go on, try it just to see. It depends on which of your vertebrae is affected. I didn't have any pain in the neck but did have horrible pressure headaches radiating up the back of the head and over the top of the scalp.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

meno lesley

Hi

One of my many meno symptoms was tingling across the my nose, hands and feet. I get the feeling in my head that is like a tightening or having a saucepan stuck on my head.

Lesley x

thetimeofmylife

Hi and welcome!  I sometimes get the feeling that something is crawling over my face - sort of like a cobweb that I've just walked into or a loose hair that I can't get off my face.  It's worse at night as I keep thinking I've got a fly in the bedroom! My GP says skin crawling is quite common in menopause but it's a different feeling to tingling.  Physio may help as mentioned as it could be something as simple as a trapped nerve/muscle stiffness.