Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Periods Again!  (Read 3556 times)

Machair

Periods Again!
« on: May 24, 2013, 04:11:31 PM »

Well I've been having a rest from periods- last time 52 days- no bleeding - bliss!

Now into my run of 7 -10 days light period, then 4 days off, then another period starts at 14 days- so periods two weeks apart, but much lighter than I am used to. Has anyone had more frequent periods that were much lighter?

Earlier in the year I had a gap of 102 days followed by 3 periods 2 weeks apart each. Anyone think they had this quite close to the end? I can't get over how light they are- I am used to a heavy day 2 or 3 when I would resort to Tena Lady and super extra plus Lil-Lets, but now it is very manageable- just a couple of light pads a day and many hours of nothing sometimes. Can anyone relate to this?

Taz2

Re: Periods Again!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 05:39:03 PM »

I can relate to this and it's quite normal. In the five years before going onto HRT I had light periods and heavy periods. I had gaps of 18 days and gaps of nine months so all is possible! The reason they are lighter is probably because, being closer together, there is not so much womb lining building up. That's my take on it anyway  :) 

Taz x