Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New to HRT, bleeading on day 10 (Elleste Duet) Help!  (Read 3153 times)

RedB

New to HRT, bleeading on day 10 (Elleste Duet) Help!
« on: May 22, 2013, 11:57:05 AM »

Hi - this is my first cycle on HRT and am on Elleste Duet, with the white and green pills. I've not had a period for 4 months but got some spotting today on day 10. Its terrible timing, I'm travelling away for work, then camping and I'd planned starting the pills so that the likely bleed wouldn't be until after all this. I've heard horror stores of super heavy bleeds and I really don't need that while trapped in a hotel a long way from home! Has anyone experienced this? Is it likely to be just spotting?

Thanks

Hurdity

Re: New to HRT, bleeading on day 10 (Elleste Duet) Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 04:40:43 PM »

Hi RedB

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear you've had spotting so soon after starting HRT.

I have no experience of Elleste but if you are still peri-menopausal then your own hormones will still be fluctuating and this could have caused the bleeding. You might have had spotting now anyway even without the HRT.

Usually with a sequi HRT it is timed to try to coincide with your own cycle but of course if this has changed it's impossible. Most women will get the HRT withdrawal bleed towards the end of the  combined pills or just after you go back onto the oestrogen only ones.

I do hope it is just spotting and you get the proper bleed when planned - unfortunately peri-meno is annoyingly unpredictable. If you find your periods have re started and after a few cycles you always get a bleed at this point it might be worht re-jiggin your start time so that the bleed comes altogether.

Hurdity x