Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Had enough.........  (Read 6852 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Had enough.........
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 10:14:46 AM »

Anna - go and have that discussion with your GP before your symptoms get horrid.  That way you will be clearer in the head and likely to be more informed  ;)

As for bi-polar (manic depression).  This needs to be talked through with your GP too.  It could be totally different and co-incidental to menopause but I am unaware of anyone developing it in 'later' life.  My Dad had it from age 19 ...........  :-\

Londongirl

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 04:50:33 PM »

Hey all! 

Don't recall if any of your remember but I was on HRT for just over a year, tried a few, some worked better then others, all brought on periods and with that PMT and depression............

So gp put me on sertraline (ad).

So, to cut a long story short, I stopped taking the HRT back in June.  At first felt mildly ok...............

But suddenly last two weeks my symptoms have returned - night sweats, waking up at night for loo, then hot daytime flushes.............

So....... I still had a packet of Femoston Conti left and one morning, I thought, no way am I going to suffer any more and took it! 

Am now into one week of it and the best thing is the horrid nausea I was getting has gone...............

Am sleeping marginally better but do feel rather bloated a lot (although have been drinking more alcohol then usual as been on holiday...........).

So just thought to post that I am sticking with the HRT.  Am going to see my doctor though to see if I can be referred to a meno clinic as whilst the Femoston Conti did help me, I am worried I will get the bad pmt symptoms again.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 06:12:43 PM »

Were you better when on holiday?

Let us know how you get on at the GPs!

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 07:22:44 PM »

Perhaps you would be better on a kinder progesterone such as utrogestan which is bio identical.

It could help deal with the bad pmt symptoms.

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better though.

Honeyb
X

Tingly

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 08:15:44 PM »

I know what you mean about the throat thing. I used to get it when i was on prempak during the prog phase. Doc put me on lanzoprazole, but someone mentioned to me about keeping a diary first, and blow me...it was always when i used the prog
I changed prog and all was ok....(.apart from the low moods the unbearable vaginal atrophy !!)
Pages: 1 [2]