Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Livial  (Read 4241 times)

traceyjane

Livial
« on: June 12, 2013, 08:19:12 PM »

Hi, I am new to this forum, but definitely not new to the menopause! I have tried hrt gels and patches, but both gave me palpitations and made me very light headed. Dr. started me on livial, which I have been on for a month. I am feeling alot better on them, hot flushes stopped, dont feel as anxious, not as tired, joints not as stiff, but I have put on half a stone already which I am not happy about. I havent changed my eating pattern, so it must be the livial? I really dont know what to do, certainly not happy putting weight on. Anyone have any experience of livial and weight gain? Just wondering if I should try a more natural treatment, maybe menopace? Any advice would be appreciated.

Rosebush

Re: Livial
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 11:08:55 PM »

T.J sounds like you have found an HRT that's works for you, personally I would stick with it, I have been on HRT for 3.5yrs and I keep my weight down buy cutting down on carbs, its the only thing that as helped me with weight loss..xx

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 11:15:42 PM »

Hi traceyjane. I wouldn't think that menopace would be enough to sort out your symptoms. If your only side effect is weight gain then I would stick with it. You will have to be vigilant at cutting down your food portions etc. and maybe upping your exercise. I have blamed HRT for my weight gain but then, when I stopped HRT for a while, I gained more weight. I now realise that it is more my age and not moving enough!

Of course it all depends on how much your meno symptoms bother you. If they are manageable then perhaps the weight gain effect of HRT is more troublesome than the meno symptoms?

Let us know what you decide.

Taz x

traceyjane

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 03:23:30 PM »

Thanks :) for your advice. Yes I am tempted to stick with the livial as I am feeling so much better on it. I am actually starting to feel normal again, am sleeping without any problems, dont feel as agitated, my skin and hair feels better already. I suppose the weight gain is a small price to pay for feeling more like my old self again. I am quite active, I work full time, walk my dog twice a day, go on my cross trainer a few times a week, so will just have to cut down on food and watch my diet. I will let you know how I get on.

JeanneA

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 03:36:07 PM »

Hi tracyjane, I'm also new to this forum.  :)  If I were you I would stay on livial if you are feeling better.  Could you tell me exactly what livial is please?

traceyjane

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 03:48:29 PM »

Hi Jeanne, Livial is a form of hrt which are taken in tablet form. Thats all I know! but they are definitely helping me, just worried about the weight gain :-\

Rosebush

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 05:53:27 PM »

T.J I weigh myself every 3rd day, if I have gained, I have 3 days of just cutting back on carbs and drinking more water, not sure how it works, but drinking 3 bottles of water per day does move 1-2lbs in 3days. :-\

Having broken my foot, its been 3wks since I last did exercise/walk or drink lots of water, and will be another 3wks before I get to even walk a short distance, so I am expecting a weight gain  :'(

Just found some bedside exercises on youtube for top body work out, so will try those tomorrow..also taking CKLD advice and flexing thigh muscles every time I think about it..x