Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hi, so glad I found this forum  (Read 2862 times)

Weejeannie

Hi, so glad I found this forum
« on: May 17, 2013, 07:56:28 AM »

Hi
I had already posted on another thread before I saw the new members area, apologies !!

I am 52, no kids, divorced and now have a lovely new partner, he has 5 grown up kids, heaven help me !

I have been having symptoms for the past couple of years, period stopped for 11 months then I had one, had been to doc for something else and was told it was normal, not to worry.
I had another a couple of months later, then nothing for 14 months, went to doc with a painful hip and she asked me all sorts of questions regarding age, symptoms etc. She gave me a smear and internal exam and being sent for scan after I told her about the 14 month gap between periods. Basically, went in with one thing and came out with something else, she has related the painful hip with lowering oestrogen levels and possibly this is the reason for the period blips.

I am at my wits end with worry over this, still not had smear result and still not had appointment for scan :(

However, I don't have any other symptoms, yet, no flushes or night sweats, I suppose these may come.

I feel so glad to have found this site as it makes me feel that I am not alone, I thank you in advance and hope that everyone stays well and copes well with all that menopause throws at us.  :)

Dyan

Re: Hi, so glad I found this forum
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 08:14:41 AM »

Hi wejeannie,
I would just like to say :welcomemm: :)
I'm 52 and started peri at 45.
I'm on HRT and  recently an AD for anxiety, which is my worst meno symptom.
You will gets loads of support on here.

Dyan X  :)

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 09:33:52 AM »

Hello Weejeannie. You have definately come to the right place, whatever your menopause problem there always seems to be someone here who can help and advise you. Welcome to the forum.
K.

Evenstar

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 07:57:07 PM »

Welcome.xxx

Weejeannie

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 09:15:07 PM »

Thank you all, I am finding out so much on here already. I am starting to calm down a little over my results, and that is just by reading and taking in other people's experiences.

Thanks once again x

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 09:18:59 PM »

It really helps to know that you are not the only one. It brings things into perspective and helps you cope.

Welcome from me too.

Honeyb
X