Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Period missing for 10 months until today  (Read 4315 times)

gillybean

Period missing for 10 months until today
« on: May 16, 2013, 08:24:40 PM »

My daughter asked me if I still had periods yesterday, I said I don't think I'll be having any more as I last had one about 10 months ago.....I spoke too soon I am now having one!

I know they say a year after your last one to go through the menopause so I guess it's another year to go...

pixie

Re: Period missing for 10 months until today
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 09:06:44 PM »

Yes that's probably the last? I didn't have one for 6 months, then had a normal one every month for 3 months then that was it.  Very glad they are over now it's 16 months. Still haven't thrown out tampax

gillybean

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 09:27:31 PM »

Hi Pixie

Yeah good job I kept the spare Tampax in my handbag at work!

Should I be worried as it's been such a long time?

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 09:35:05 PM »

Don't think it's a concern Pixie. It's only after a year of no bleeds that needs investigating.

I went eight months the first time and then I had regular but heavy periods for another year. They then went again for about seven months before I gave in and went on HRT so I really don't know where in the meno journey I could be.

The one good thing about periods is generally no flushes.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 10:38:19 PM »

I don't think you need to worry. Like Honeybun I went nine months without and then regular heavy ones for a while and then another eight months without before they started up again. I was 54 then and the meno symptoms were getting steadily worse so I went onto HRT. That was five years ago so I have no idea when they would finally have stopped.  It's so frustrating when you have to start counting from one again!

Taz x

Suzi Q

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 03:59:09 AM »

No dont fret its just a bummer isnt it never mind off you go again
1/2/3 hehehehe hugs and more hugs x

Evenstar

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 08:02:00 PM »

I'm on nine months without one and counting here. Fingers crossed ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 08:05:11 PM »

It was 5 years before I stopped carrying protection when we went away from home  ::)

yorkshirerose

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 05:21:20 AM »

4 months for me - started getting irregular about 18 months ago, turned 50 this year so hoping this is the end and my 'membership' has finally run out ;D

fiorinda

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 05:36:33 PM »

Mine have been on an off for about 4 years now, so since I was 44. The last couple of years it's been around 6 months without any periods, then some time with them back again, then another 6 monthsish without. Just went 6 months with none and then they came back in April and May but extremely light and short. I feel like I'm going to have another any day, but no sign as yet. As I'm under 50 I have to count 2 years from the last one - so if I don't get one this month I've got to start counting again. Wouldn't it be easier if they just stopped and that was that?! Not that I want mine to stop!

susie56

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 05:58:56 PM »

I'm 58 and have and 5 months period free twice, then one normal and one just spotting.  I don't take HRT so I think I'll be 60 before I am finally free :-\  (No probs otherwise so possibly the perks of having a late meno.

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 08:18:02 PM »

You are right there susie - the longer you can hang on to your periods the better it usually is symptom-wise!

Taz x