Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Edges of HRT patches curling up....  (Read 55608 times)

Liz

Edges of HRT patches curling up....
« on: May 15, 2013, 09:54:17 AM »

Hi - been on Femseven Sequi for 2 weeks now and I have found that the very edges can curl up very quickly (after a day or so).  As the patch is supposed to stay on 7 days, do you think it matters if the edge has curled and lifted a bit.  I've tried the usual tips of holding palm over it, warming with hairdryer and using no lotion on the skin, etc, but still find the edges don't hold that well.  Trying to keep the patch away from areas where my clothing rubs as well.  Just a bit concerned that if the edge has lifted, water may get inbetween the patch or the hormone dose may not be correct.

Don't really want to ask the GP for a change as I'm doing really well so far on these patches.

Thanks! :)

Suzi Q

Re: Edges of HRT patches curling up....
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 11:35:40 AM »

Some one will know sweetie I didnt take HRT
AND dont be scared to ring the surgery up and ask
Or google online just type in
Been on Femseven Sequi for 2 weeks edges are curling will this affect the dosage
OK xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Liz

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 06:19:44 PM »

Some one will know sweetie I didnt take HRT
AND dont be scared to ring the surgery up and ask
Or google online just type in
Been on Femseven Sequi for 2 weeks edges are curling will this affect the dosage
OK xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks anyway, Suzi - that's a good idea. x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 10:49:30 PM »

Hi Liz

I think most of us who are on patches get a bit of curling around the edges as the time gets nearer for it to be changed! I am not on Femseven so hopefully someone who is might be able to advise. I use Estradot and these are changed twice weekly.

I think there is a bit of a knack which is just a matter of getting used to.

If I feel mine has lifted a bit I do the warm hand treatment again. It must be strange - lots of women around Britain surreptitiously feeling their bum cheeks (which is what I do to make sure mine is still there!)  ;D

I wouldn't worry about it though re dosage unless a lot of it has come unstuck - in which case - time for a change!

Hurdity x

Liz

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 06:26:40 AM »

Thanks for your reply, Hurdity.....much appreciated.

I can relate to what you said about feeling your bum cheeks......... I seem to have developed a habit of this...... husband said to me last night "You're obsessed with your HRT patch!" ;D  My answer was "Yes, I am..... as this little patch is keeping me sane!"

On inspection this morning, it just seems to be the very top edge that has curled up.  Try as I might, I always seem to get knickers or clothes rubbing on them.... think I may need to try a lower bum cheek next time. 

Just gone onto the Progesterone phase yesterday (as I'm on sequi).  Trying not to look out for adverse side-effects, which I had when I tried PremPak C tablets last year.  Going to be positive with these patches...... doing fine so far! x

Liz

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 09:46:55 AM »

I've actually just put a bit of Micropore tape over the curling edge, otherwise I think it's going to curl off even more.  I know the hormones are in the adhesive, but I thought this may help as it's only the edge that's started curling.  Anyone else do this?

paisley

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 01:01:16 PM »

I was on Estradot patches and mine kept curling for me too and sometimes they curled a lot but for me it gave me fluctuations when it came of a bit . I always knew when my mood changed and sure enough the patch had come unstuck a bit. I think it is impossible for it not to what with clothing and sweat. Some people say they use tegaderm, clear adhesive medical tape to help keep the patch on and  I was obsessed all the time  checking it was still there and stuck on.

Liz

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 11:20:46 AM »

Aargh!! Just had to replace a patch again after 2 days!  Edge had curled up so much that it came off (after a 2 hour dog-walk).  Going to be running out of patches at this rate.  Anyone else have to change their patches more often???

Rowan

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 11:37:33 AM »

Use Nexcare Micropore low allergy tape from Amazon, that's what I do, just cover the patch with it, this method works well if you want to keep

patch on for longer or if you cut patch in half, as well  as keeping it from curling if changed twice a week.

Liz

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 11:55:38 AM »

Use Nexcare Micropore low allergy tape from Amazon, that's what I do, just cover the patch with it, this method works well if you want to keep

patch on for longer or if you cut patch in half, as well  as keeping it from curling if changed twice a week.

Thanks for that - I tried Micropore tape but the edges curled on that as well. Blinkin' nightmare - may have to change to tablets at this rate, which is annoying as I didn't really want to take tablets.

Rowan

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 02:04:34 PM »

Liz, Nexcare flexible clear surgical tape may work better, its hyperallergenic and latex free, it sticks much better, I have both.

Liz

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 04:05:05 PM »

Thanks, I'll have a "google" and look into the Nexcare.  :)

Liz

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 04:15:22 PM »

Had a look, Silverlady, but can only find it on Amazon.com and delivery is £8.31 from the USA.   Am I looking in the right place? Thanks.

Rowan

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 05:09:46 PM »

It did come from America Liz and it was about that price. I got it from amazon, it did take a little longer to deliver. Its not paper like and its stronger. It does not irritate or leave a rash.

There might be a UK equivalent.

Rowan

Pages: [1] 2