Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: big decision, need advice.  (Read 10476 times)

Kathleen

big decision, need advice.
« on: May 10, 2013, 04:46:31 PM »

Hello ladies. I've made a decision that feels big to me but one I think you can help me with. After much thought I've decided to begin taking HRT (Climesse) today, probably before I go to bed. I know that a lot of you ladies are already taking HRT and are used to the regime so any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
I've tried to go it alone but the constant anxiety and jittering has taken it's toll, I feel so defeated by it all. I'm hoping that Climesse helps as I really need a break from feeling so awful all the time. 
Thank you for reading and best wishes to you all.
K.

Liz

Re: big decision, need advice.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 06:12:43 PM »

Hi Kathleen.  I'm new to HRT, just been using FemSeven patches for 9 days.  I have to say I have been seeing a lot of improvements, but today I actually realised I felt like myself again.  Anxiety has gone right down, sweating has reduced and joints are easing.  I'm 45 and going through Peri.  I put an introduction in the New Members section.

I would give it a go, I spent many months trying not to start HRT, but have decided that I am going to give it a 3 month trial.  If it continues to improve things at this rate, I'll be happy!

Good luck!

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 06:16:35 PM »

What have you got to loose.

Just remember if it does not suit you can stop......but if it works you will be so much better.

Keep posting and let us know how it goes.

Honeyb
X

Meggie

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 06:51:21 PM »

Hi Kathleen

I struggled without HRT for almost 10 years before throwing in the towel almost 5 years ago and giving in.  I am now 61 years young and now have to consider coming off it for a while.  Personally, it has made such a difference to me.  The hot flushes were horrendous - at the worst 26 in a 24 hour period but now they average out at 5 a day - oh so much better.  I sleep throughout the night too which is absolutely fantastic. 

Give it a go and be patient.

Meggie

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 08:18:58 PM »

Kathleen

I was NEVER going to use HRT. However things just got too bad.
Went on Evoril Conti  patches, felt much better, pretty much immediately.
Give it a go, you can always stop if it doesn't agree with you.
You are in control.

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 09:37:00 PM »

I'm thankful for HRT! Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 09:15:45 AM »

A big thank you to all you ladies who replied. I took my first dose of Climesse last night and I'll see how it goes (no dramatic improvement so far, lol).
I'll keep you posted with any developments, especially as it may help others.
Once again thanks for being there.
K. 

Liz

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 01:28:55 PM »

Good luck Kathleen!  I'm on day 10 of my Femseven patch and feeling much better.  Onwards and upwards, I hope, for both of us.

Shula

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 10:14:06 AM »

It was the unbearable anxiety that made me decide to give HRT a go, and I haven't regretted that decision for a moment. Best of luck with it!

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 12:15:56 PM »

Thank you ladies for your words of encouragement. I think I've made the right decision as last night was horrendous, so jittery I didn't sleep a wink. I even started to worry that I was going mad!
Hopefully the HRT will kick in soon and I'll know what it's like to feel normal.
Many thanks.
K.

kerrieann

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 09:19:12 AM »

i know exactly how you feel kathleen this sounds ridiculous but i had patches from my doc over a year ago and still havent got going on them iam too scared because i smoke and cant give up just now as my anxiety levels are through the roof i havent had a period for 6 years and thought things would improve but my aches and pains and anxiety seems to be getting worse so good on you for giving it a try hope it works great for you  :)

Debbie D

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 11:29:08 PM »

Kathleen

I was NEVER going to use HRT. However things just got too bad.
Went on Evoril Conti  patches, felt much better, pretty much immediately.
Give it a go, you can always stop if it doesn't agree with you.
You are in control.

Being a veggie / vegan and animal rights supporter I worry about where HRT comes from and wonder if there is an alternative available that anyone knows about?

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 11:32:14 PM »

Any of the HRT's which are prefixed by "prem" come from pregnant mares urine but the rest are synthetic as far as I know.

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 03:21:05 PM »

...and just to add that many of the synthetic, bio-identical ones (available on the NHS) are synthesised from plant extracts originally eg yams and soy.

Hurdity x

kerrieann

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 09:59:29 PM »

was just browsing through and wonder how kathleen is doing i think she must be a month into her hrt now ane iam still to afraid to start mine because i smoke but at the minute my anxiety is terrible as well as the awful hip and arm pain  :(
Pages: [1] 2