Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Very TIGHT pelvic floor!  (Read 7137 times)

MINNIE

Very TIGHT pelvic floor!
« on: May 01, 2013, 09:57:23 AM »

Morning ladies.

Started with a new consultant recently, and he wanted to check my pelvic floor muscles, due to my ongoing IBS type symptoms, pelvic pain, and copious other physical things!! Inside has already been thoroughly 'scopied and scanned, and all is fine, but the actual muscles have not been checked for prolapse or tension, WELL, he said my muscles are really, really tight, even asked if I had had cosmetic surgery, cheeky monkey! He said that if he don't know better, he would had said I had never had children! Now, this is odd, because all along I have said that it feels as though my uterus is "squeezing" and pulling and shrinking! have any of you ever been told that you have the opposite of a prolapse? Apparently if you have a tight pelvic floor, you must NEVER do Kegel exercises, and it can affect the back and bowels. I have booked into to see a physical therapist next week. I do remember the obs consultant, when I had my children many years ago, telling me that my muscles had "bounced back" very quickly!

Appreciate any comments as usual!

MINNIE. XX

libby1

Re: Very TIGHT pelvic floor!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 10:16:51 AM »

Wow  :o

You lucky thing  ;D

Can't help, I've got the opposite, unfortunately  :(

Libby
x

Suzi Q

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 11:34:31 AM »

Well I never
But it makes sence to me as I had son FRiday periods finished the following FRiday
I was back at YOGA and Disco danicng with in 3 weeks of his birth
Yes I thought I had prolapes handy pandy inside me YUK nothing wrong perfect he said I had loads of VOLUME
He was amazed a womn of 57 then 14 mnths ago could have all her bits still in the right place
My tummy was flat as a pamcake 6 weeks after birth in skinny jeans
Some are lucky but then I had what Kate had but no actual name was given to me I was 9st before concepton
8 stone 7 lbs after the birth of a 6ib baby I vommitted for 9mnths non bloody stop so I recon only fair hey?
I was also told NOT to do Keagle as its not good fro atrophy xxxx

MINNIE

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 11:51:18 AM »

Hi Suzi Q! Well, it would be stretching (pardon the pun!) the imagination to say I have a flat tummy, far from it, which is why it is so strange. But my babies were smallish, and I did have stretching pains when I fell for them, for the first 3 months, worried the life out of me! I think I just have a very "sensitive" uterus! Don't think HRT will work on that!!

MINNIE XX

Suzi Q

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 02:53:59 PM »

I was in the WRENS till I was 6mnths knowne knew I was preggers (you had to leave in those 70s days)
I didnt wear a Maternity frock till 7 and a half months at full term I was the size of kate now so small
Id lost so much weight was so sick 9mnths of sheer hell
O comceived at 3.20 Saturday woke up was sick that was it for me I dont know how theydidnt guess before 6mnths
Son was just a tad under 6lbs so he wasnt huge but I had to have an epsiotomy at that size OUCHHHHH

I was flabby but flat but odd thing I had stretch marks they looked red and raw stayed that way for years and years
Looked like someone had razired me would never wear a bikini for 5 years

I tried keagle ex before I realised I had Atrophy and the pain was horrific made my atrophy pain even worse
GP said stop now later on when he examined me after a year of Vagifem he said no prolapses OKEY dokey inside  :D

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 07:29:14 PM »

I first read this and also thought "lucky you" but having read this I can see that too tight muscles cause as many problems as loose muscles! http://www.pelvichealthsolutions.ca/index.php?cID=254

Taz x

lily

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 07:55:13 PM »

When I was having my smear about 10 years ago, my dr commented that she was surprised I'd had two normal vaginal deliveries as I was tight.  I did wonder if they stitched me up too much after episiotomies  ;D  Can't say it's been a problem though, need lube sometimes but that's fairly recent and probably just my age.

MINNIE

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 03:44:45 PM »

Hi ladies, how rude of me not to reply, I have been away for a few days pounding pavements in Barcelona! Ache all over, as though I had run a marathon! How strange lily, I had two episiotomies as well, mmmm....

MINNIE XXX

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 07:10:28 PM »

I had three C sections and one average size baby, one tiny, and one small so no stretching of those bits for me. I am pretty sure I have the start of a prolapse but the GP can't see it yet.

I have a pressure type feeling especially in the mornings. The strange thing is when I have on tightish jeans it starts to feel better. My mother who eventually had a repair wore girdle type things for years as well as a ring.

Don't really think whether you have a vaginal delivery makes much difference to a prolapse or not.

I think mine has probably come from very heavy lifting. I worked in industrial catering and had to lift some very heavy things on a daily basis. My OH was also very guilty of asking me to carry my end of heavy stuff. In his defence I did have very strong arms due to the work I did. I have been left with bad knees and iffy elbows.

When I went to the continence clinic the nurse told me I was the fourth woman she has seen in a week that had done the same work as me.

I think life style has a lot to do with things.

I wish I had known then what I know now. I would not have done half the things I did.

Honeyb
X
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 07:12:01 PM by honeybun »