Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 3745 times)

bagpuss

Hello!
« on: November 05, 2013, 02:17:32 PM »

Hello ladies,

Been lurking for quite a while, but thought i'd better introduce myself because it seems a little rude to keep reading and never posting.

I'm hurtling towards 49, got two children (6 & 7) and have been peri for the past 18 months or so.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

bev567901

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 02:59:37 PM »

Hi Bagpuss & welcome.  I am 50 & have 3 kids the youngest being 8 & 9. We didn't think about the menopause did we having them later in life!! I have only been in peri since the New Year. What are your symptoms & how are you coping. Bev x

bagpuss

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 03:24:24 PM »

Hi Bagpuss & welcome.  I am 50 & have 3 kids the youngest being 8 & 9. We didn't think about the menopause did we having them later in life!! I have only been in peri since the New Year. What are your symptoms & how are you coping. Bev x

Hi Bev,

My cycle has gone haywire and i've had a few flushes, that's it really.

SunshineCEN

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 03:46:18 PM »

Hi Bagpuss :welcomemm:

I lurked for quite some time before joining and I am so glad I did.  As you already know, there is a lot of wisdom and shared experiences to be gleaned from the site.  Makes one not feel so alone - particularly when your symptoms may not fall into the general/common category.  Look forward to sharing and I hope you are having a good day!  Sunshine ;)

bev567901

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 07:41:44 PM »

I am sure you will get lots of advice on the flushes. Its good you are no longer lurking & can ask lots of questions  ;D

andius

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 09:32:09 PM »

Welcome bagpuss!

Lots of info to read here so you can feel comfort knowing you are not alone in what you are experiencing.

Andius

smudgy14

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 07:12:50 PM »

Hi there I turn 49 on the 29th of this month (one child of 21,22in dec)and have been shot straight to menopause after surgery earlier in the year,my doctor recommended this site and I eventually plucked up the courage to join and I am so glad I did it really has been a godsend and has saved my sanity on more than one occasion all ladies have been really nice and no matter how daft you feel about some of the weird and wonderful things the menopause can give us there is always someone going through the same and that helps so much as it takes people going through it to give you the truth.I really hope you find help here or just come on for a natter it really does help. :)