Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Help understanding dosage in an article  (Read 652 times)

Mixi

Help understanding dosage in an article
« on: June 12, 2020, 08:55:27 PM »

Hi,
I am new to HRT and I am a migraineur My GP prescribed Sandrena 0.5mg per day and 100mg Utrogestan continuous. I started 1 June and have had a few headaches and one humdinger of a migraine for 3 days. It's not unusual for me to have so many bad head days but I am hoping the treatment might help in the long run.

I have found some info on Australian Menopause Society website and it mentions a threshold level for estrogen as follows :
"Contrary to what one might expect, studies have shown that, in oestrogen only regimens, transdermal oestrogen using the 100ʅg patch has a greater preventative benefit for migraineurs over the 50ʅg patch again a suggestion that there is an oestrogen threshold which is beneficial for migraine prevention."

Can anyone tell me how much Sandrena 0.5mg is equivalent to the 100 microgram patch. I am just curious to know so I can discuss with GP or at Meno clinic when my appointment comes in.

Thanks in advance

Mixi

Re: Help understanding dosage in an article
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 09:35:33 PM »

Ladies,
 I have found the info on My Menopause Doctor so no need to reply. Googling over for this evening!
Have a great weekend everybody x