Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Periods back with a vengeance  (Read 3648 times)

Buffy

Periods back with a vengeance
« on: April 27, 2013, 02:40:48 PM »

Anyone had something similar to me? No periods for 8 months then every 3 weeks. Really heavy - so much I can't go out anywhere for fear of flooding. Getting fed up now as I thought it was all over (I know you shouldn't count your chickens, as it were, for a year but...)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Periods back with a vengeance
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 02:48:24 PM »

Fibroids?  Polyps?  Hormonal blip ..........  :tulips2:

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 05:55:41 PM »

How long have they been every three weeks for Biffy? It is common to go quite a long time without a period and then start again. I went for seven months, I think, and then got regular ones every 26 days for another six months before missing them altogether for another nine months before they then started again. It is really annoying.

Taz x

Buffy

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 08:34:07 PM »

Every three weeks for the last 9 weeks Taz2.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 11:16:39 PM »

So it's every 21 days which must be really trying although it is interesting that there is a pattern.  How long do they last for? It may be that you need something from the doc to slow them down.

Taz x

Buffy

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 11:51:21 AM »

Cheers Taz2 - I have made an appointment with the gynaecologist (I live in France so can go straight there without GP referral). Every three weeks is very tiring as I only have a week 'off' as it were! After 8 months without I was beginning to think that that was it. I can now understand how women of my age can get caught out and get pregnant!!