Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Jelly legs anyone ?  (Read 9222 times)

Claireylou

Jelly legs anyone ?
« on: April 26, 2013, 07:21:56 PM »

Hope everyone is ok. One of my main symptoms of peri is a totally detached feeling when I'm out and about. It even makes my legs turn to jelly. Was wondering if anyone else gets this cos it really frightens me when it happens. Makes me feel kind of lopsided :o

Thanks for reading

Claire x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Jelly legs anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 07:34:56 PM »

I kinda get a similar feeling, like I'm going to put my feet down but they decide to go elsewhere  ::)

How is your diet?

Claireylou

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 07:42:20 PM »

My appetite is not so great these days but what I do eat is healthy. I'm just so convinced I've got some terrible illness which isn't like me at all. I'm usually very level headed and super strong. I don't see the old me in the mirror anymore, just some haggard middle aged frump and I'm only 42  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 09:16:22 PM »

Eating regularly is important to stop light headedness.  Also jelly legs, which can be difficult to explain  ::) ........ I put it down to 'age' and no one notices ........ have you had anyone comment?

Claireylou

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 10:59:14 AM »

No, it's not so obvious that anyone notices. It's more a feeling from inside. Really difficult to explain. I had glandular fever a year ago and that's when all my peri symptoms seemed to get worse  :-\

Rowan

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 11:04:40 AM »

Claireylou

This might interest you  http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/signs/weak-jelly-legs

Glandular Fever can leave you fatigued even after a year  http://www.glandularfever.me.uk/glandular_fever/Glandular-Fever-message-board.html

I do speak from experience having had glandular fever.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 11:07:12 AM by silverlady »

Claireylou

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 11:43:33 AM »

Hi silver lady,

Wow, didn't realise that glandular fever could have long term effects like this ! Just visited the two links that you suggested. I thought that after suffering the acute symptoms of gf a year ago I would be ok by now. Obviously I was wrong  :(

joyce21

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 11:35:58 AM »

Hi Claire
Sorry to go off subject slightly, but my son had GF in 2002, he was very very poorly with it, and had to be admited to hospital, he was 17 at the time, and it set him back a long way, the doctor told him it would be at least 12 months before he felt anything like right, and approx 18 months before he was back to a decent level of fitness, but he told him that it never leaves your system, and anytime you are run down etc it will start to niggle.
It could be this that's causing your jelly legs, or could be a small panic attack, which will trigger an adrenalin surge , which will give the jelly leg feeling, I know it's horrid at the time, i get panic attacks now and then, and I always get a lovely feeling of relief about 15 mins later when I realise I'm not dying lol

Good luck x

Claireylou

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 09:09:07 AM »

Hi Joyce,

I'm sorry that I've taken a while to reply. Been feeling quite yucky to be honest. All my glands have popped up too. I wasn't aware that you could have relapses from gf. It would certainly explain a lot of things for me so thank you very much for the info.

Best wishes,

Claire x

joyce21

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 10:16:31 AM »

Your welcome Claire, hope your feeling better soon hun xx