Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Advice for blocked hair follicle down under?  (Read 11671 times)

warwick01

Advice for blocked hair follicle down under?
« on: April 25, 2013, 10:18:16 AM »

Hi Ladies

I de - fluffed down under a week ago, and I have what feels like a blocked follicle or gland which is the size of a pea and sore.

Any advice on home remedies would be appreciated? I don't really want to show my GP  ;D ;D

W

honeybun

Re: Advice for blocked hair follicle down under?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 01:10:56 PM »

A hot bath with tea tree oil might help.

You might need to squeeze it to get rid if it.

:o

Honeyb
X

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 01:32:08 PM »

Magnesium sulphate - it comes in a little pot and you can get in any good chemist, very cheap.  Just mix it well and apply some on the area, cover if possible and by the morning it will have drawn out any impurities.

smudgesmum

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 02:38:58 PM »

Yes I get these a lot where my pants rub  :(  I was advised by the Doctor to exfoliate regularly with face exfoliator and also to use a sterilised needle to pop them otherwise they can get quite big and become very painful.

Just another of life's little trials  :)

Smudgesmum xx

lily

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 03:45:08 PM »

If it is sore and red, you may need an antibiotic.  I waited for a sore red lump further round - just passed episiotomy site, to go away and ended up getting antibiotic too late - was admitted to hospital for emergency op to lance and drain it  :'(  Learned my lesson!  Very wary now.

Mine was called a peri-anal abscess though, so probably different altogether.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 03:50:18 PM by lily »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 03:46:04 PM »

Barthlomews Gland?

Well I was nearly there  ::) "A Bartholin's cyst, also called a Bartholin's duct cyst, is a small growth just inside the opening of a woman's vagina. Cysts are small fluid-filled sacs that are usually harmless".

warwick01

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 04:01:20 PM »

Thanks for all the advice.

I have been putting Savlon cream on the area, this is not working, it may be clogging it further. I have taken 2 baths today and it appears to be getting a head ??? hope it pops it self. If no better tomorrow will try the mag - sulph.

We go on holiday next week to Cuba and def don't want a sore fanny ;D Can you imagine having to go to hospital with a testical on your fanny ;D ;D

W

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 04:03:43 PM »

Have you any liquid Savlon or how about a mix of hot water with a lot of salt in - a wet flannel as hot as you can bear on the affected area might encourage a 'head' to form which will, with gentle pressure, pop.  Have a 2nd flannel soaking in the salt water mix and hold it to the popped follicle .......... I had a spot on my lower lip which needed similar treatment on Tuesday, a huge 'maggot' came out when I pressed it  :o.  I would also, if going to Cuba, get a script for antibiotics just in case!

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 04:09:40 PM »

Oh the pain!  I use very hot water and a gentle squeeze. Tea tree cream helps after it has healed over again. Works every time, but quite painful to do.

Have you been to Cuba before? We've been 3 times. Love it. Medical services over there are supposed to be very good.  ::) You don't want to be suffering from sore bits on a long flight, all that fidgeting to relieve yourself.  Ooooh Missus. ;)