Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: My bladder etc.. + VA treatment  (Read 125604 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: My bladder etc..
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2013, 09:53:23 AM »

However, I understand that this is only given irregularly due to some kind of Licensing rules?  :-\  .......... hence the visit to the GP - when I can get by the receptionist  >:(

I have noticed that there is a vague sensation of fullness around my belly button and also I seem to be 'constipated' in that my bowel is lazy.  These 2 issues aggravate the irritable bladder  >:(

I have used Beconase nasal spray for years without these types of bladder problems, I have also in the last couple of years swallowed an anti-histamine tablet to ease hay fever-type symptoms.  Would there be *a* connection as mentioned previously?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 09:59:28 AM by CLKD »

Taz2

« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2013, 04:10:12 PM »

I reckon a trip back to the GP is in order CLKD - the feeling of fullness plus the constipation shouldn't be ignored. Not sure what others think?

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2013, 06:16:49 PM »

Re - feeling of fullness - I agree with Taz. Check with GP. The constipation (if unusual) would certainly give a feeling of uncomfortable fullness. However if it is unaccustomed - and there is no reason for it eg change of diet/fluid intake/exercise/meds etc then any persistent change in bowel habit should be checked out.

Re Orthogynest pessaries being given irregularly - is this what you meant CLKD? If so it can be given indefinitely on repeat prescription. I had a quick look back the thread and I see silverlady already mentioned that estriol is very different from Estradiol ( that is used in Vagifem).

From what I've read (see ref below) it allows plumping up of vaginal/bladder tissues though the Beta oestrogen receptors, but binds to the alpha oestrogen recptors by a factor of 7 x less than estradiol. It is the alpha receptors that are dominant in uterus and glandular breast tissue.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3003469/

There have been studies that show no increase in serum oestriol levels after the intial priming phase (ie on an atophied vagina) and no thickening of endometrium etc so there should be no worries about using it even with past history of breast cancer. I can imagine there may be mild side effects initially but once the plumping is done if you keep it going for twice a week there should be no absorption.

I think silverlady said back in the thread that estriol is not converted to oestradiol - but the other way round, therefore you won't make the stronger estradiol from any oestriol that is absorbed in your body.

Any form of HRT including topical/vaginal oestrogen carries the same warnings and quote the WHI or the Million Women Study conclusions about risk - that's standard. It scared the life out of me way back when I started them and had read nothing about HRT and at the time didn't want to go on it!

I hope this is helpful and not confusing ie I hope I've explained clearly and not too much of a ramble.

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2013, 06:26:00 PM »

I agree, perhaps mention this to your GP. I had something similar a few years ago although the GP never seemed to pick up the fact that fullness I was complaining about was more vaginally.....I thought, still think it's a slight prolapse.
I was sent for an ultrasound to check out womb lining thickness. All was fine.

Best to get it looked at just to make sure all is as it should be.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2013, 02:18:09 PM »

Oh you are a MINE of information  :thankyou:

I wandered along to the Surgery to make an appt. but apparently all the Doctors are busy until a week on Wednesday - I can however go to the Surgery any time - but that is 4 miles away and I only want to nip in and out with a couple of queries  ::) - I was then told I must ring at 8.00 a.m. - well I'm not awake by then  ;D - to see if there are any 'extra' appts.. >:(

Away next week .......... so will probably try to make an appt tomorrow for when we return.  Watch this space  :sigh:

Suzi Q

« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2013, 08:29:39 AM »

Me and you TWINS heheheh what are we like hehehehe

Ive had the wee wee feeling on and off since the 5th May one day good 2 days YUK 2 days good?
Water clear as a bell you could drink it no burning no smell no soreness water cool I just want to peee
Some days fine Other days like today even when I go after a few mins get the feeling of wanting to go again?
Vagifems not doing its job this last week or so in that dept

CLKD

« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2013, 09:37:01 AM »

Oh Suzi -  :hug:  I resorted to Ibuprofen regularly until symptoms settled. 

Made that appt.; 2 weeks today  :o ......... but I have got in to see the GP who is dealing with the diagnosis and hopefully whilst we are away next week the symptoms won't flare .........

honeybun

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2013, 09:39:17 AM »

Glad you have got the GP you wanted CLKD.

Is this the Norfolk trip that you spoke about?

Sheewee at the ready I hope.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2013, 09:47:53 AM »

;D

This is our trip to Norwich.  No Sheewee yet, the shop I was planning to buy them from has MOVED  :o ......... after 30 years in one town  >:( and as I can get them on the internet I won't be buying 'locally' from *them*  :(

Suzi Q

« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2013, 11:33:08 AM »

;D

This is our trip to Norwich.  No Sheewee yet, the shop I was planning to buy them from has MOVED  :o ......... after 30 years in one town  >:( and as I can get them on the internet I won't be buying 'locally' from *them*  :(

Just drink Robinsions Lemon Barley keep the old UBEND clear no citrus fruit
I remember talking to my GP and again when I worked in hospital they oth said wateres fref but even if you drink 6 cups of tea a day ITS FLUID thats the most important
Cant take Ibu and wouldnt anyway panadols are rubbish dont work but at least one thing nearly every evening since I got thw wees iot seems to ease? NO I havnt a clue why?
On your trip you take extra Vagifem yes just in case HORMONESSSSSS
Get some MILK soap or organic Olive oil soap your going on your holiies treat yourself xxxxxxxxxxx

CLKD

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2013, 12:22:55 PM »

:thankyou:

libby1

« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2013, 05:53:23 PM »

Why is lemon barley recommended but not anything citrus  :-\

Isn't lemon barley citrus?  ::)

I must be having a thick moment, one of many, I fear  ;D

Libby
x

Taz2

« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2013, 05:56:51 PM »

You're not being thick - barley water has long been a cure for cystitis but it is more palatable as lemon barley water. I haven't found a link between citrus fruits and cystitis to be honest but it can happen for some women. I found this on the Channel 4 site http://foodhospital.channel4.com/conditions/cystitis/citrus-fruits

Taz x

Suzi Q

« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2013, 12:43:47 AM »

NOPE your not thick
Look at the paks of URAL they are fruity too???
I had a bad attack on Saturday might in the 70s bllod the lot infection ahhhhhh
GP who was only late 20s said drink 4 pints tonight
I did I was up all night peeing but with the pills and barley water it had eased
Always use it even 2 glasses has an affect our local shop though has run out bummmmm xxxxxxxxxx

CLKD

« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2013, 03:30:44 PM »

I am due a pessary this evening and I am aware that my vagina needs the boost after 3 days without ........
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26