Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: My bladder etc.. + VA treatment  (Read 125573 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: My bladder etc..
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2013, 03:41:50 PM »

Cranberry juice  :sick02: can't bear the taste.  But the Cystopurin (I really ought to remember between the kitchen and here  >:( ) seems to be helping. 

Am able to hold urine for longer spells without any problems.

Buffy

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2013, 12:03:09 PM »

Re: taking ibuprofen - ask for omeprazole. This protects the lining of the stomach whilst taking a prolonged course of ibuprofen. I never take ibuprofen/ketofene without it.

CLKD

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2013, 12:03:35 PM »

:thankyou:

Elena

« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2013, 04:32:58 PM »

Looked for cranberry syrup in H&B but couldnt see it.

Onwards and upwards CLKD :)

CLKD

« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2013, 06:34:49 PM »

Yep - so far today so good  ;)

However  ::) - we are away during the start of the 2 x 7 days use, what happens if the symptoms return  :-\ ....... may go to see the GP for advice before our break  ;)

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2013, 07:13:45 AM »

Thankyou so much for pointing me to the this thread xxxxxx

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2013, 02:37:54 PM »

You are very welcome.  Every experience shared can be useful to others ........ and certainly I was NOT expecting to have these types of problems but the Girls came up with information  :medal:  .......... my body has let me down  >:( or was I naieve?

Taz2

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2013, 03:51:28 PM »

None of us expect to have meno problems. I think that because you haven't experienced hot flushes/sweats then it was as if you wouldnt get any of the other things either. You have done really well to get this far without having to resort to menopause remedies. I hope you are more comfy now?

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2013, 09:16:37 PM »

Thanks Taz. A lot more comfy as each day passes.  3 more nights of continuous pessaries then I'll need to work out which nights to miss  ::)and hope that the symptoms are contained.

CLKD

« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2013, 01:16:12 PM »

I have felt queasy for most of the day despite nibbling biscuits, drinking cuppas; could it be the alteration in pessary, every night for 2 weeks then missed last last night  ???   ...........

honeybun

« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2013, 02:37:19 PM »

I think it maybe just a coincidence that you feel like that today CLKD.

There is hardly any uptake of hormone into the body.

Could there be another reason for feeling queasy. Did you eat anything different yesterday perhaps?

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2013, 02:49:17 PM »

:thankyou:

I take your point about there being very little in the pessary ....... but I felt queasy for 2 days when I first began using it  ???  .......  I have walked a lot in recent days and been working in our garden  8)

CLKD

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2013, 07:35:15 PM »

After my 1st week with only 2 pessaries, well; so far so good.  After 3 days without I notice that my bladder was vaguely irritated but generally, it has settled well.  Now to get that appt. with the GP to find out his Plan of Campaign  ::)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 09:52:43 AM by CLKD »

Hurdity

« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2013, 09:12:28 AM »

Glad you are feeling better, and hope that continues

I haven't read all of this thread but I think for those women like yourself ( I think?) that take ADs which prevent/treat hot flushes - as Taz said below - you probably thought you wouldn't get any other symptoms.

So the hot flushes alert most women to menopausal problems and therefore are already looking out for some of the other symptoms - which can come later - in post-menopause.

I would urge (maybe the wrong word to use....) any woman in this position (on ADs, no hot flushes) to consider this (vaginal atrophy) especially if likely to be post-meno, as using vag oestrogen long term will prevent a whole host of problems.

I use Orthogynest pessaries (except when using vaginal Utrogestan when I use Vagifem) and actually prefer them to Vagifem even though they are bit messier. You can always increase the frequency of using them if you find your symptoms are not controlled.

Hurdity x

Elena

« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2013, 09:16:27 AM »

Thanks Hurdity, I fall into the ADs/no hot flushes camp but have been on Vagifem for some years now.  My fabulous GP (now sadly gone from the NHS) put me onto them when I had bladder probs in my early fifties (am now 54).

As I've always been an anxious depressive I suppose I havent linked that to the meno.  What really DOES bother me is that I used to be incredibly organised and efficient with a brilliant memory and now all that has gone.  I find it very hard at work when other people have to remind me of things.  It is dispiriting and makes me feel stupid :(
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26