Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: My bladder etc.. + VA treatment  (Read 125609 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: My bladder etc..
« Reply #270 on: April 30, 2016, 04:15:53 PM »

Note to self: keep up with regular treatment  :bang: :bang: :bang: have had to insert this afternoon as symptoms have returned  :(

linz57

« Reply #271 on: April 30, 2016, 06:16:19 PM »

I know that heavy bladder discomfort so well CLKD, in fact I've started feeling it again recently. I thought I had an infection but the results came back clear so I added Vagifem back into  to my regime and now three days later things are feeling a lot better. If I were to leave a gap of say five days in between pessaries I know the discomfort and back pain would reappear. Thought id got rid of it with hrt but no such luck so vaginal estrogen forever now by the looks of it. Hope you're soon feeling more comfortable.

CLKD

« Reply #272 on: April 30, 2016, 09:00:29 PM »

:thankyou:  also I know I didn't drink much on Thursday  >:(:kick:

I tick the calendar so ought to know when the next load is due.

linz57

« Reply #273 on: April 30, 2016, 10:45:43 PM »

Hahaha, I love that kicking up the  backside emoticon 😂
Yes it's strange but when our bladders are playing up even a small glass of liquid can result in several trips to the loo. 😬

CLKD

« Reply #274 on: May 01, 2016, 11:45:35 AM »

When we don't drink enough then the kidneys work harder = more loo trips  ::).  I was across to the bathroom at 5.25 a.m., blue sky, sharp frost  :D

CLKD

« Reply #275 on: May 31, 2016, 02:15:58 PM »

:bounce:  for new member

CLKD

« Reply #276 on: June 29, 2016, 06:04:28 PM »

Well what a few days!  I have been using Ovestin1mg on a regular-ish basis.  Was fine on Monday until half way to Yorkshire, of course being on the M1 doesn't make me relax at all; I needed a wee and by the time we arrived at the Service area my lower belly was tight.  OK once I'd been although my bladder didn't feel as though it had emptied enough.

Also: the smell  :-[ - I didn't leak but my underwear and jeans were stinky  :-\.  I had to throw the lot into the bucket outside the van …….. I have been careful of personal hygiene but still whiff, no discharge or blood ……. so am going to up my liquid intake.  My bowel feels 'full' which maybe presses on the bladder?

Or could it be the 'coke' that I've been drinking in recent weeks ……..

I was up to the Porta-potty 7 times last night so we are home - not as far nor as windy/wet as walking across the field!

CLKD

« Reply #277 on: June 29, 2016, 07:02:34 PM »

As an aside - for years I have wanted the toilet facilities as close to the doors at the Service areas as possible - well they have done : but OH the colour : BRIGHT green  :o on a lovely beech background.  Not far from the doors so one doesn't have to walk through the food halls >phew< but if 1 is feeling queasy already  :-X

CLKD

« Reply #278 on: July 02, 2016, 02:05:08 PM »

Had 4 nights use of Ovestin1mg, nowt last night - bladder is irritated again and belly feels heavy  :sigh:  Worried in the early hours about whether it's OK to use it due to breast disease treatment in the 1990s  :-\.

Maryjane

« Reply #279 on: July 02, 2016, 09:14:49 PM »

CLKD it's not 1mg its 1 mcg which is hugely different amounts , I no that many oncologist allow ladies who have had oestrogen positive BC to use it , as benefits outweigh risks.

But obviously discuss with a medical professional.

CLKD

« Reply #280 on: July 02, 2016, 09:29:02 PM »

Thanks.  But the packet states 1mg cream [Estriol 1 mg in 1 g ]

I don't like the Consultant who took over from mine when he retired  >:(.  Maybe I'll ask the radiographer who does my mammos.

Maryjane

« Reply #281 on: July 03, 2016, 08:21:29 AM »

I have just looked it up 😊 Re conversions they word IT differently to vagifem , but it is the same dose as vagifem, and is extremely low minuscule.

The risk of VA taking hold in my non medical opinion , and your breast disease returning from increasing your dose is understandably worrying , but I would say such a small worry it shouldn't be a reason not to up it as necessary.

The type of VA I have been battling for the last two years , has been truly hideous and I would not wish it on anybody , there were times when the alternative seemed like my only alternative.

However I am getting there , from 5 xs vagifem a week and systemic.

I doubt the radiologist will be able to give an opinion , I no some oncologist allow ladies who have had oestrogen positive BC to use systemic HRT as well as local re quality of life etc.

CLKD

« Reply #282 on: July 03, 2016, 12:30:27 PM »

:thankyou:   :tulips:

I know that since using the Ovestin I have not had those razor blades up there and it really is about Quality of Life.  I know to that the product solves that problem ……….

The belly is less heavy today.  >phew<

Suzi Q

« Reply #283 on: July 16, 2016, 01:14:01 PM »

You sound like me today after the chiropractor the pain ache in lower abdomen wentx
But i felt full down below thats the way i describe it not a feeling of something falling out
Just full inside down there. Chiropractor was fantastic relieved tum and back.
No burning today no we wee but its just there the bit between being able to live normally
Or know its just an itsy bit ! The loss of 25m definitely stuffed me up
I now use 10m every night im very moist i use ovestin on the outer bits every 3rd night
Yet its never been the same since i used my ladt 25m last November.
The fact that its always just there just aware of the Av  never symptoms free.
I went today with bobbles to see our pals whos  daughter was killed  nearly 5 weeks ago Jc she wants to die she cant breath the tears the utter all consuming greif was almost too much to watch . I just held one hand bobbles held her husbands hand
After we left we both cried in the car their pains unbearable to see.
Which made me scared son is walking 35 miles with 3 pals doing the Kokoda march
For war veterans in the hills of  Gold Coast its cold dark pouring with rain he started out at 1pm todaybis hoping to finishbat 10am tomorrow constant walking 5 min stops only
So in the scheme of things my fanny isnt much but is this my life?

CLKD

« Reply #284 on: July 16, 2016, 02:13:43 PM »

Firstly - if you were using 25m why not use more of the 10mg on alternate nights to see if there is any relief?  i.e. 10mg in the evening and 10mg in bed?

What happened to your friend's daughter, have I missed something?

:hug:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26