Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: My bladder etc.. + VA treatment  (Read 125602 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: My bladder etc..
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2013, 07:21:28 PM »

:thankyou:    ;D

Laid the pessary on the bed but forgot ........   too much anxiety last night  :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2013, 07:33:10 PM »

I know but my symptoms have lessened.  I get a physical 'warning' when I forget  ::) ........ every 3 or 4th morning I lay a pessary on the bed to remind me ..........

But the whole idea of the maintenance dose (ie twice weekly) is to prevent return of symptoms rather than try to cure them if/when they re-appear. It doesn't work like that ie instant relief from symptoms - as I said it's a long term thing. From what I've read, I understand it stimulates an increase in the cells of the vaginal epithelium - which doesn't happen overnight.

It really is important to use them twice a week as recommended and if you lapse - sometimes it is necessary to increase this frequency just to speed things up re the cells and therefore the vaginal tissues....

Hurdity  x

CLKD

« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2013, 11:44:35 AM »

:thankyou:  Must Try Harder  ;)  ........ remembered last night  ::) - my bedside table is full of different medications and preparations, hardly room for a lamp these days  :-\

Trey

« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2013, 09:54:03 PM »

Hurdity is spot on.  You MUST use twice a week minimum to keep wall of new cells that line the vagina. Otherwise you will get systemic absorption which is not good.  It's a hormone not to be used as a pain killer or lubricant.  Serious stuff, needs to be done right.

CLKD

« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2013, 05:50:01 PM »

Am trying  ;) ....... I lay them on the bed to remind me ......... thank goodness for medication, I was thinking in the early hours last week how lucky we are: pain relief, HRT, anaesthetisia available ......... then I see the photos of the Syrian children  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2013, 06:52:01 PM »

Try putting them next to the loo. Well if that's where you use them. I have mine in the bathroom cabinet and when I open it to get my toothbrush then there it is ready to use. If I put it on the bed it would fall off and get munched by the dog    ;D

Honeyb
X

Limpy

« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2013, 06:56:48 PM »

This dog, is it female or male?

CLKD

« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2013, 07:49:34 PM »

If it munches too many it won't care what it is ...........  :-X

honeybun

« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2013, 07:55:25 PM »

Female of course. Never had a male dog.....they lick their bits

:sick02:

Never fancied watching that.

;D

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2013, 07:57:32 PM »

How do female dogs get their bits clean then?

Taz  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2013, 07:59:24 PM »

Delicately of course. They are female. They don't let it all literally hang out.

;D

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2013, 09:36:41 PM »

Male cats are the same Honeybun!

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2013, 09:45:08 AM »

Sorrry to disappoint you Honeybun - but I once saw a female Rottweiler licking her bits - didn't look at all delicate!

To try and explain my initial question re the sex of the dog.
I was just wondering  if a female dog did eat pessaries / vagifem, would they get the benefits we do?
Don't know what would happen to a male dog.......

Taz2

« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2013, 01:28:21 PM »

A dog wouldn't need the benefits Limpy because they don't go through a menopause so don't have any of the problems vagifem is used for. Interesting thought though!

Taz

CLKD

« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2013, 01:39:32 PM »

Bitches can suffer stress incontinence when spayed.  If kept entire they can suffer potentially fatal pyometra.  Bitches get urine infections, i.e. cystitis - I looked after one which I thought was in season but the owner told me on her return  >:(  .......... had I known I would have got the Vet. to have a look .........   Bitches can suffer false pregnancy. 

They can also suffer mites in their ears or typically 'grass seeds' down the ear canal  ::) ......... so they can have similar symptoms ;-)

All mammmals clean their personal places .............  have you not watched male chimps  :o
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26