Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeding 7 hrs after last progesterone  (Read 526 times)

K45

Bleeding 7 hrs after last progesterone
« on: June 09, 2024, 05:06:17 AM »

Good morning,

I've been on 2 pumps oestrogel and 200mg utrogestan (days 15-28) for 3.5 months. The first month I bled 3 days after stopping utrogestan then a day after stopping for the next 2 months and now just 7 hours after my last utrogestan tablet. Is this normal as everything I've read says you should bleed 1-3 days after the last utrogestan? I'm now worried I'm going to get both a period and then withdrawal bleed. I see my GP in july but would really like to know whether this is ok? Thanks in advance x

sheila99

Re: Bleeding 7 hrs after last progesterone
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2024, 09:00:54 AM »

It's probably you're own hormones causing it but the withdrawal bleed if you have one will be in the same timeframe anyway. There's nothing you can do about it, my own cycle will always override the hrt one. If you have a fairly regular cycle and the two cycles are consistently out of step you can adjust the hrt one to be in sync with your own.

K45

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2024, 09:05:18 AM »

Thanks so much Sheila for your helpful response. I'll see what happens the next cycle and adjust the utrogestan accordingly.

Ebonybones

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2024, 10:44:46 PM »

I used to get periods whilst still on the progesterone part of my patch, I wouldn’t worry I read somewhere you can have your period anywhere near the last week of the progesterone part of your HRT

K45

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2024, 05:04:38 AM »

Many thanks Ebony for the reassurance that this is okay. It definitely helps to know others have experienced the same issue as it all feels rather overwhelming at times!

Ebonybones

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2024, 11:31:41 AM »

It’s just annoying isn’t it, you would expect to have the period after you’ve finished the progesterone but mine never were

K45

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2024, 11:51:43 AM »

Yep! I always find the first night without progesterone a bit weird too like my body/brain really notice the drop...