Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Been a while!!!  (Read 4450 times)

kazy68

Been a while!!!
« on: April 19, 2013, 10:22:07 PM »

Hi ladies,

I hope i find you all well, or as well as you can be.

As the subject says it has been a long time since i posted, but i do log in every day to see how you all are,

I went to GP 4 weeks ago as i was feeling really ill with all these wonderfull symptoms life throws as us,to be honest i was sure i had under active thyroid, he sent me for blood tests, full blood count, thyroid, cholesterol ect, went back to see him today and everything was normal, all the tests he did were "spot on" (his words) obviously i was well chuffed, so why am i feeling so rough, aching all over, tired all the time, head achey, no interest in ANYTHING at all, weepy, snappy the list is endless, he just looked at me and said, "its the years before menopause hits you, its pre-menopause, i can if you like see if you are ok to take HRT" of cause i said yes, but then i mentioned breast cancer in the family and he said i would advise you not to take it, he has told me to try menopace for a few months and also multi-vitamins, which i will take and see if they help, to be honest it was nice to go and see GP and him mention peri meno as i know lots of Dr's don't and wont recognise it, it has been a struggle for me as my last GP was a no go and it put me of going to see GP full stop, so glad i went this time i think this one is a keeper.

Karen
xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Been a while!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 04:11:53 PM »

You need to do a family history to find out exactly which types of cancer 'run' through your family.  To dismiss HRT because you have a family history is not enough information for a GP to go on.  Even though I have had breast disease my GP has prescribed an HRT to help atrophy ...... we have to weigh up the risks or take/not  ::)

You sound depressed.  How about an Anti-depressant for 6-9 months to enable you to see the wood for the trees?   :foryou: