Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is this peri menopause  (Read 4635 times)

Mezzanin

Is this peri menopause
« on: April 15, 2013, 03:52:25 PM »

Hi
I am 44 and for the past three months I have had some strange symptoms which I am really worried about (actually chronically anxious would be a better description),

I cannot sleep more the 3-5 hours per night. Usually 2 and then I wake up. I do go back to sleep but I cannot sleep more then an hour or so after that.

Burning skin sensation in the soles of my feet and palms of my hands sometimes migrating to my upper back. These sensations are pretty constant throughout the day. Certainly not fleeting and although not really painful they are uncomfortable.

I had a hormone test last week and my doctor confirmed I am peri menopausal.

I have had lots of blood work done, my B12 is good and I am not diabetic.

Does anybody have similar problems.

I am so worried that it is something more sinister.

Thanks

Mezz x

Jemima

Re: Is this peri menopause
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 11:40:50 PM »

hi mezz..i had some weird symtoms like that a couple of years ago....if you look in the advice for husbands thread there is a list of possible symptoms..,you may be surprised to see the things that are connected with menopause! i certainly was....

hope it settles down soon...

jemima x

Mezzanin

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 12:27:02 PM »

Really. i know a couple of other people have but it is so reassuring when others have experienced it too.
Thanks for responding
Mezz xx

Jemima

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 10:37:04 PM »

you are very welcome, i found this by accident, the forum i mean, and althiugh i was initially horrified at the possible symptoms i also knew i was not alone.the girls in here are just great!

and the topics are womderful, the doctor that runs this forum is an absolute godsend to us all.

thank you Dr. Currie from the bottom of my heart!

wherelse would i go for this kind of support?

Jem  :)