Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any Older Mums with younger chidren on here  (Read 18418 times)

Evenstar

Re: Any Older Mums with younger chidren on here
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 03:54:58 PM »

I was very lucky. Didn't start to try for a baby until I was in my 40s. I had two m/cs and a very healthy baby naturally at the age of 43.
    By choice, I would have had a baby much sooner, but my first husband didn't want children and I didn't meet my now husband until I was in my late 30s.

Sweetlittlemaiden

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2013, 03:24:34 PM »

Hi, I am 51 with a 7 year old daughter  :) :)

Evenstar

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 04:24:40 PM »

Oh hi and snap :) How are you finding it ? :)

Fullmoon

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2013, 06:02:18 PM »

Hi, I'm 55 with a 12 year old daughter.  Not new to this Forum but post infrequently because of being a working mum with a child and, at times, struggling with menopause. I forget my log in every time so have to register again - which is why it has taken me so long to reply!   I found a brilliant book several years ago which has helped me greatly - knowing that I was not alone and reading about other women juggling mothering with menopause:  'Hot flashes, warm bottles' by Nancy London.  I checked today and you can find second hand copies on Amazon.

I think I went into peri pretty much after my daughter was born and its been a bit of a roller coaster ever since... 

Evenstar

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2013, 09:02:29 PM »

Oh thanks for that recommendation. Will go take a look :)
  It is nice to beable to be in contact with other Mums going through the same thing. I don't work which helps but I do Home school, so things are pretty much full on and I can't afford to let things slide because of not feeling 100%.
      I've been very lucky so far and have coped with the hot flushes and night sweats fairly well. Am in a strange kind of symptomless period at the moment. Am enjoying the respite and hoping its not the calm before the storm.
Pages: 1 [2]