Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hot flushes and feeling generally yuk!  (Read 5246 times)

countrybumpkin

Hot flushes and feeling generally yuk!
« on: April 19, 2013, 07:50:32 PM »

For the past 5 years I have alternated between no periods with flushes and all the meno symptoms for up to 8 months then all meno symptoms stop and periods return erratically for up to 6 months then off again on the no periods and flushes etc.  Rollercoaster!

I am now 3 months into the no periods but raging hot flushes, slightly painful urination ( checked out last time) insomnia and just generally feeling ill.  Mentally I am see sawing between feeling totally unintereted in people or anything usually when I am feeling physically yuk and then suddenly for a week or two I feel normal( relatively :))

I can't take hrt full stop and I am fed up of going to the Drs with the words " I don't know if this is menopausal but".  As Dr is youngish male he can only go by textbook not personal experience ;D

Does anyone else feel totally yuk

Have had reg blood tests ( full blood count etc plus thyroid checked every 3 months cos I am on thryoxine)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:52:21 PM by countrybumpkin »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hot flushes and feeling generally yuk!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 07:23:12 AM »

So long as your thyroid function is controlled we can rule that out.  Otherwise you sound to me 'within normal limits'.  I can't remember why you are unable to take HRT - have you looked down the menus, left of screen? 

Do your symptoms appear to be 'cyclic' still?  If so, HORMONES  >:(.  The urination problem may be, as I discovered for myself yesterday  ::), vaginal atrophy which mimics urine infections   :sigh:  .......... if youcan't take HRT maybe a course of anti-depressant medication to even out the mood?