Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mutton dressed as lamb?  (Read 23788 times)

Elena

Re: Mutton dressed as lamb?
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 06:56:34 PM »

Sigh.  I really like the print combats but why do they start at size 14?

ariadne

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 07:51:23 PM »

Ladies - I have just found the most comfortable jeans ever! They arrived today and I love them. I hardly ever wear jeans because I find them uncomfortable but just have a look at these. They are on JD Williams site - just type Jersey Bootcut Jeans. I better tell you now - they are not cheap (£30) I've never paid that sort of money for jeans before but I thought if they were comfortable it would be worth it. I thought they would be awful and that I'd be sending them back but I love them.

They are just like wearing leggings but they look just like real jeans. They are NOT jeggings

I'm going to wear them for work tomorrow (dress down day Fridays) so I'll let you know if they live up to my expectations.

ariadne xx

Elena

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 07:57:53 PM »

Let us know how comfy they are after a day's wear ariadne.  I've had a look and they are high waisted by the look of it. I like low waisted as they dont hurt my tummy so much.

ariadne

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 08:02:36 PM »

Yes they do look very high waisted - almost Simon Cowell height - on the model but maybe that's because she's so thin. They don't look like that on me. They sit at normal waistline. Also they do not have a rigid waistband - it's jersey, so shouldn't dig into sensitive tummies. I can't stand anything tight round my waist so I have high hopes for these jeans.

Will let you know tomorrow evening  :)

ariadne xx

Elena

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 09:10:11 AM »

I cant either.  I treated myself to some lovely Per Una summer trousers (they are a bit harem pant style so will need a long-ish top to balance them out) plus a Per Una top.  I keep my clothes for years so hang the fact that it cost me £60  :o

Plus I usually buy my stuff from charity shops :)

Rowan

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 10:18:47 AM »

Found a nice shop in Cornwall and have ordered a cardigan from them

http://www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/blog/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:21:34 AM by silverlady »

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 10:45:46 AM »

Found a nice shop in Cornwall and have ordered a cardigan from them

http://www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/blog/

I have a Seasalt long sleeved T shirt Silverlady and it's nice quality.

ariadne

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 12:39:33 PM »

Well I'm half way through the day and these jeans are fantastic - so comfy. I was a bit worried they may go a bit baggy as the day went on but so far so good.

I have eaten a doughnut, 4 chocolates and a piece of Easter Egg (as well a my lunch) and still feeling fine around the middle. I would have been really uncomfortable in my real jeans if I'd eaten that. 

I might try and post a photo of me in them later (only the bottom half  ;) ) so you can see that they really do look just like normal jeans.

ariadne xx

Evenstar

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 04:02:24 PM »

I practically live in leggings :) I wear them with a thigh length skirt, ankle boots and whatever top suits the weather. They are comfortable and can be adapted to most occasions and weather.

Elena

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 06:16:05 PM »

You're tempting me  Ariadne!!

pixie

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 06:36:40 PM »

Liking the cat napping on the seasalt sac! x ;)

ariadne

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 06:40:20 PM »

Well here I am. Does my bum look big in these  ;)

The jeans are shaded as you can see - I'm not overly keen on that but since I will mostly be wearing them with a longer top it doesn't put me off. The front pockets are stitched up (not real pockets) but the back ones are normal.

They have been wonderfully comfortable all day.  I made the ladies laugh at work when I asked them if they liked my new jeans and then I stretched the sides right out to show them they were made of jersey.

[/URL]

[/URL]

ariadne xx

Elena

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 06:46:28 PM »

I like them, shading and all.  Did you choose Indigo?  The waist does look a bit high for my liking but maybe they would be ok. If I dont like them can I return them to JD Williams?

lily

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 06:48:06 PM »

They look great ariadne. but be wary of eating too much when wearing them or you will grow  :o
Pages: 1 [2] 3