Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Twitching eye  (Read 8377 times)

Kyria

Twitching eye
« on: March 24, 2013, 12:10:05 PM »

Hi Guys,

I came on here a couple of weeks ago to ask about random eye pain, which Im still getting although Ive had it looked at twice by optricians. Now for the last two weeks the same eye has developed a twitch.

Im really beginning to think it all must be stress, Ive had alot of stress last few months and I do suffer with anxiety too. This twitch is now really getting me down. Im having alot of trouble with both my shoulders too and have to go to the physio next Wednesday (my first appt there was cancelled as i got sick.)...I feel like everything is going wrong with me lately. I actually feel very very down. Im married with 3 lovely children and feel so bloody fed up with my body. I used to be such a fit person always doing excercises etc, now I feel like I can hardly move some mornings. Also have an underactive thyroid. Has anyone else had a twitch that has lasted so long its really beginning to worry me and im thinking maybe I have something seriously wrong with me. I feel at 51 im going to pot, before my shoulder problems I had tennis elbow in both arms, that went away and now problems with both my shoulders  :'(

I have made a doctors appointment to get my twitchy eye looked at but its not for over a week as she is away, than again ive had it for two weeks now what is another week hey.

Thanks for any replies.; (sorry for rant)

Kyria.

nelliedee

Re: Twitching eye
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 12:40:37 PM »

I get eyelid twitches that run in spasms and so does hubby, it just comes and goes. Havent had it in a while now x

fenella

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 01:34:09 PM »

Hi Kiria

I've also got a really irritating twitching eye, it's been going on for a few weeks. It's the same side as my bad shoulder so I just assumed it was general nerve irritation?

Kyria

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 02:57:53 PM »

Hi Girls,

Thankyou for reply, I feel a bit better hearing Im not alone. Its weird that you have bad shoulder too..
maybe there is some sort of connection. I may ask the physio on Wednesday.

Thankyou both so much for reply...already im not worrying so much now.

Kyria x

nelliedee

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 03:05:22 PM »

It does help to share and find that others have it to xx :)

northwest1965

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 07:48:43 AM »

That is so true.

I too have a twitching eye, i have put it down to stress, I also suffer with a really bad neck. It's so bad when I am in bed, the pain goes into my head. I haven't had a full nights sleep for over a year due to it. Doctors said, it's something I haveto live with.

Kyria

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 12:55:37 PM »

That is so true.

I too have a twitching eye, i have put it down to stress, I also suffer with a really bad neck. It's so bad when I am in bed, the pain goes into my head. I haven't had a full nights sleep for over a year due to it. Doctors said, it's something I haveto live with.
Oh Im sorry your doctor didnt help you. Goodness knows what my doctor will say. Strange that you have a bad neck too, Im wondering if it is maybe nerve connected. Hope you and everyone else gets rid of their twitchy eye soon. Its so annoying.

Winterose

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 01:56:13 PM »

Its so upsetting when your body starts letting you down, is your thyroid being treated? Had so many aches and pains which I thought were normal until that was sorted, often have twitching eye when tired or under stress but also have bad shoulder so wait to see what comes out of your appointment, have you time to take exercise as that helps so much too. Helps you remain positive ,  :D

Rowan

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 03:13:32 PM »

Its rarely anything to worry about and will go on its own, I have had it too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/31/why-do-my-eyelids-twitch_n_1844041.html

northwest1965

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 05:27:50 PM »

That is so true.

Oh Im sorry your doctor didnt help you. Goodness knows what my doctor will say. Strange that you have a bad neck too, Im wondering if it is maybe nerve connected. Hope you and everyone else gets rid of their twitchy eye soon. Its so annoying.

Doc prescribed me 500mg Co Codamol. Told me to take them 3 times a day :o. I'd have been found, slumped in a corner ar work ;D
Next doc I saw, said Ibuprofen was the answer ::)

Kyria

Re: Twitching eye (update)..
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 12:36:55 PM »

Hi guys,

I eventually went to see my doctor about my eye pain...thankfully the twitching of the eye had already stopped a few days earlier..

The doctor had a good look at my eye and said that although eye looks healthy, she noticed it had a slow pupil response to light??? (in comparison to the other eye)

She has told me not to worry about it, but would like me to go to the eye doctor at the hospital.
She also said that it will take a while for me to get an appointment and if I want, I could go again to the optricians and have them look at it.

I think I will just wait for the hospital appointment, but Im so worried now, ive never head of anything like this ive been googling myself mad and all horrible things like horner disease is coming up...

I only have reading glasses I dont wear glasses all the time. I was nearing a panic attack when I got back from the hospital my husband says im overeacting, but I cant stop worrying.

Have any of you guys had this problem?

Thankyou for any replies kyria xxx

nelliedee

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 06:22:07 PM »

sorry for the late reply  :( have you been to the hospital yet?