Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Dragging ache  (Read 3471 times)

Joyce

Dragging ache
« on: September 08, 2013, 12:04:06 PM »

Not for the first time had dragging ache, like period pain, whilst on holiday. Started lower stomach and down my legs. Only happened once on holiday, but have had it on the odd occasion before then. First I thought UTI, but only happens for short period of time. Or could it be bladder prolapse? Have had hysterectomy, so not that.

Taz2

Re: Dragging ache
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 12:10:18 PM »

Does it feel like pressure as well as an ache CG? Unfortunately as you have had a hyster you are more prone to prolapse of the bowel or bladder because the surgery weakens the pelvic floor. I got the pressure/ache feeling as my prolapse was beginning - although I didn't know what it was at the time - I just thought it was a type of UTI.  I'm glad it only lasted a short while and didn't spoil your holiday.

This site is quite informative about the various GU prolapses. http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Genitourinary-GU-Prolapse.htm

Taz

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 05:04:59 PM »

Thanks Taz. Sounds a bit like a GU prolapse right enough. Will keep eye on things. Great, just another thing to look forward to then.  :(

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 06:47:27 PM »

I am always also pretty sure I have something that's not quite right. It's more a full uncomfortable feeling rather than an ache. Also when I need a wee it feels different somehow. I also discovered recently that I can't use a tampon anymore as its too uncomfortable.
I need to book a smear test so I will ask the nurse what she thinks.

My mother had a ring for many years before she had surgery.

Is a ring an option for you Taz ?

Sorry to hear you are having problems CG. Are you going to visit your GP or just wait and see what happens.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 08:44:38 PM »

It's not a trapped nerve?  The one on the front of the thigh (with very long name  ::) ) which can cause referred aches.

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 03:03:40 PM »

Not going to GP just yet as it has only happened occasionally, so far. If it starts to become a problem I will go for sure. My mum had to have an op for her one. She waited until it was actually bulging out of her before telling her GP.

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 03:24:46 PM »

I have booked an appointment for a smear test on Friday so I will ask the nurse what she thinks.

I have been using Vagifem recently....I had stopped....and its making me sore. I will ask for something else. I always have been sensitive to things in that area. When I was pregnant they has to change the stuff they used to disinfect your bits before they examined me. It nipped so badly. Most of the lubricants make me sore as well.
Oh what fun....and trust me to be different.  ::)

Don't leave it too long CG. Perhaps Vagifem would help you if you caught it early.

Honeyb
X