Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Am I being over sensitive ?  (Read 8495 times)

ellie

Re: Am I being over sensitive ?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 01:21:01 PM »

I am pretty sure my Grandaughter would agree to it going, as my DIL has said she would buy her something else with the money.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 03:08:25 PM »

Is she old enough to make the decision?   :-X

Suzi Q

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 08:06:59 AM »

Go over with a gift or a night out and you babysit.
Just ask for the pram back. Just say it wasnt for selling youd thought theyd understood
That apologise and just say your going to take it back and maybe in tne future if grandaughter marries has bubs you will pss it on. Say you will leave it in the will give them a huge smile and reiterate your terribly sorry you didnt explain it.

Ju Ju

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2017, 03:53:14 PM »

My Mum got rid of my toys without asking. We have stored our children's old toys, which are now being played with by grandchildren. My son would love to reclaim his playmobile, lego and brio train set, but his suitcase isn't big enough! (Lives in the USA). But my daughters son is very happy!

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2017, 04:11:49 PM »

I HATED it when my Mum took it into her head to pack up toys to take to the HOSPITAL  :bang: :bang: :bang: ...... never my sister's ......  :-\  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2017, 05:18:05 PM »

There was no point in asking why - it was obvious that she [younger] was the Golden Child although I wasn't aware of the meaning until recent years.  She would have 'carried on' ..... and I think Mum was afraid of her vile temper.  If I ever tried to 'carry on' I was sent to bed ......

It would probably have 'done me good' to give my toys to children 'less fortunate'.  In other words, other children were more deserving.

I found a Monopoly set in our attic last week, long forgotten about  ::)

ariadne

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 10:35:01 PM »

I would be upset too.

It reminded me of when I lent my son's pram to my niece when she was expecting her first baby. The pram was the last thing my Mum bought me before she died. She had at first got me an old fashioned second hand pram but I had my heart set on a modern one I'd seen. She grumbled a bit but she bought me it. Sadly she died when my son was 6 months old.

Anyway, back to my niece. After a couple of years I asked for the pram back for sentimental reasons ( my niece was aware Mum had bought it for me) but she told me she only had the carry cot section and that her husband had thrown out the wheels when they moved house 😔

I was upset and quite cross at the time actually. All water under the bridge now though.

Ariadne xx
Pages: 1 [2]