Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Supermarket Food  (Read 11957 times)

littleminnie

Supermarket Food
« on: December 02, 2012, 08:29:02 PM »

What food have you tried that you can recommend?
M&S Chicken, Mushroom and Rice soup from the fridge section, sooooo nice.

lady57

Re: Supermarket Food
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 08:31:15 PM »

M&S custard tarts - mmm mmmm  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 09:12:26 PM »

It was on Country File earlier I believe: on a slightly different tack: about the "5 a day" which has been flogged for 10 years  :o - it's now been suggested that the idea is re-named ......... anyone?

It was on the sameprogramme about the amounts of salt in certain ready meals.  I try to avoid those types of foods unless I am absolutely despearate.

However: egg custards - yep.  Some of the Gu are tasty too for special occasions.  We buy fresh cheese, bread, fruits and veg where possible but I do LOVE the ready prepared mixed fruit salads  :-* especially if there is mango in the mix ........

pixie

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 09:23:52 PM »

Aldi profiteroles - the chocolate sauce is divine and tiramsu in twin tubs only 99p mmm best I've tasted out of any of this type.
Wild mushroom soup.

Also their Christmas food looks nice, the puddings and stollens etc. :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:26:30 PM by pixie »

Bette

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 09:27:44 PM »

M&S chocolate cheesecake (almost as nice as the Cafe Nero one which I love) and M&S Duck in Orange Sauce.  :P
Bette x

kerrieann

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 10:01:05 PM »

must say i was thinking about a similar thing today is it so much better for us to make everything from scratch  does it really make a difference or am i looking for the easy option things like tinned soup is making it from scratch better for us ???

Bette

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 10:05:45 PM »

I'm sure that home-made soup is better for you than tinned soup but I have that when I fancy some and haven't any of my own in the freezer. And I have to say that my home-made casseroles are a lot better than the shop-bought ones. However, nothing wrong with taking the easy option when you fancy it. I like Birds Eye frozen chicken pies and Fray Bentos tinned steak and kidney pies, for example.
Bette x

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 10:11:44 PM »

Aldi little choc ice lollies. Better than a Magnum......only trouble is trying to have only one at a time.

Baxters Carrot and Butter bean soup is lovely.

Honeyb
x

kerrieann

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 10:15:07 PM »

your right bette strike a happy medium  :)  we have been having quite a few supermarket foods lately as we have been in a bit of a mess decorating  1 thing my other half complains about is fish and chips the batter on the fish is always soggy   :(  i have never had a try at battering cod myself dont know how difficult it is to get it right but i do feel i should have a try any recipes would be lovely   kerrie

lady57

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 09:33:48 AM »

I think i need to check out Aldi there is one at the top of our road but my husband is a real food snob and i think i would have to remove and hide the packaging so he didn't know  ::)

kerrieann

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 10:31:14 AM »

same here jane my other half is a believer in you get what you pay for so doesnt even try things  but he still moans like hell at the cost of the food shopping i have put him to the test occasionally with cheaper brands and gotta be honest some of them he can tell

lady57

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 10:33:53 AM »

Mine knows if I have tesco or asda instead of sainsbury especially the fresh food. M&S is his favourite but i can't afford that all the time on our budget.

kerrieann

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 10:36:36 AM »

yep mine too he is so fussy with his food  :(  frustrates me so much he likes what he likes according to him so  dont change it  :)

Limpy

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 10:41:22 AM »

Croissant from the Co-op are loads better than any we've had from Sainsbury or Tesco

Also, OH hates Tesco with a passion

Margarett

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 01:14:52 PM »

M&S Steak and roasted onion pies are scrummy. They look a bit like a raised pork pie. I think they might be a limited edition though, so hurry!!
Pages: [1] 2 3