Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: vagifem again !!!!!!  (Read 6651 times)

lindyloo

vagifem again !!!!!!
« on: November 11, 2012, 01:40:06 PM »

Hi everyone, Hope all having good sunday ? am not !
Wonder if anyone else has had funny feelings down in the nether regions like you hav`ent been for wee for ages and just been !  , also vagina feels funny not really unpleasant !
 put my 25 vagifem in on friday , so wonder if it is connected, keeping thinking bout it all time really
does`nt help girls does it ?
oh well now off to church service for people who lost someone recently , ( my mum 2 yrs ago )
it lovely service really but usually cry 

love to all Lindyloo xxxx

lady57

Re: vagifem again !!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 03:18:26 PM »

my condolences to you lindyloo 2 years is not long at all. When your mother dies your whole world changes shape and it takes a long time learning to adjust to the new shape, if at all. Be gentle with yourself and do not expect too much.

lindyloo

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 07:12:19 PM »

Thankyou Jane xxxx  much appreciated :)

Suzi Q

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 12:27:44 AM »

My condolences xxx
Yes me the last wreek or 2 after being on Vagiufem for nearly 3 years its acting up
Feel like i want to wee even though just gone and yest waters clear pressure over pubic bone
General soreness at opneing of vgaina and very dry?????????

Katy

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 10:31:29 AM »

Hi lindyloo hope the church service went well yesterday, please accept my condolences.
I get the feeling of needing a wee just after going but it wears off after a little while.  The only time it is constant is if I have cystitis :(.  Hope you're feeling a bit better today.
Katy x

lady57

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 11:21:07 AM »

the feeling of needing a wee after going can be due to dryness in the urethra and the urine stings, then it wears off after a little while. Vaginal oestrogen can help take this away, i did not realise low oestrogen affects the urethra too until the nurse told me.

Suzi Q

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 12:50:10 PM »

The kneck of the bladder the bit that holds everything up and in
Needs hormones to work take those away or reduce them and the kneck of the bladder reacts
You want to wee more cos its loose cant hold it in it weakens it
Use Vagifem or other HRT internal creams and it can dramticaly help as long as no prolapse xxx

Elena

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 01:05:30 PM »

Hello Lindyloo

so sorry to hear about your mum, 2 years is nothing.  My mum died 6 years ago this christmas and I still sometimes forget and think of something I want to tell her then realise I cant.

The feeling you describe is one I had for months before I went back onto citalopram - anti depressant.  I now use vagifem and ovestin to deal with it but according to my GP there is an anti-depressant that is actually used to rid you of this problem if it is severe.

i would try ovestin first, applying it to the area around the urethra.

Good luck, it's one of the most irritating and  upsetting conditions as you can never forget about it :(

Katy

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 01:18:38 PM »

Milliemoo are you still taking citalopram or is the vagifem and ovestin working for you now?  I ask because I have had bladder pain for months even with using vagifem 25  and last week gp gave me amitriptyline (antidepressant) for the pain and has referred me to a gynaecologist.  I was wondering if in time I won't need it although it hasn't helped at all yet but I expect it will take time to take effect.
Katy x

Elena

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 01:23:45 PM »

oh that's interesting Katy because it wasnt amytriptyline.  I will try to google it and find out.

yes I am on citalopram still but I am reducing dosage as I would like to try to get off it if possible. I've tried many times but always end up back on it.

Has your GP not given you Ovestin cream to apply around the urethra?  I think that might be a good place to start.

Katy

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 01:30:29 PM »

Hi Milliemoo
I do have some ovestin that I've been putting on urethra but gp had a look and said I look very well estrogenised :o so she wants to check for other things that might be wrong - did mention vulvadynia - hope it's not that.
Katy x

Elena

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 01:36:16 PM »

Hi Katy

just googled and found all sorts!

I also found some complaints from women saying that citalopram GAVE them this very problem :(

If it were me I would return to GP and request Ovestin, or actually I would maybe telephone them to save time on both sides.   Of course you have to be really subtle when suggesting treatment so some GPs.  Best of luck.

Katy

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 02:43:14 PM »

Hi Milliemoo
Hope the citalopram doesn't give you those symptoms!
Have an appointment with gp next week so will have a chat with her then and hope the amitriptyline kicks before then.
Katy x

lindyloo

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 06:49:44 PM »

Oh thanks girls ! SO good to know am not alone in wanting wees all the time, crazy to think I was fine in that department in june ! just very dry an sore vagina , will keep on with vagifem an hope !
friend of mine who is a nurse puts aqaeous ( sorry spelling !)  on her "bits" trying that now wot a game !

love to all Lindyloo

lady57

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 06:52:46 PM »

I can vouch for aqueous cream as i started using this a few weeks ago. Normally at this time of year i have already used 2 tubes of E45 Itch Relief but i have not had one episode of itching anywhere and my normally dry skin is not dry or flaky  :)
Pages: [1] 2