Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hrt shortage  (Read 1999 times)

Stella2

Re: Hrt shortage
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2023, 07:05:37 PM »

Yes... today I found out that the replacement they offered me - estraderm is also out of stock and what I worried about, Utrogestan too. I don't think that there is a replacement for Utrogestan...x

Mary G

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2023, 08:31:48 PM »

This might not be much help but I wonder if this is part of a deep rooted supply chain problem in the UK?

In the last week, I have bought oestrogen gel, progesterone gel, amitriptyline and propranolol for myself plus patches and Utrogestan (for a friend) in Spain so we don't seem to have any problems with supply here.

Marchlove

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2023, 09:07:48 PM »

I think what’s happening Mary G, is the idea is, that we buy it direct from the pharmacy in future with no need to access via a Gp.
This I suppose is  a cost cutting exercise.

I’m actually inclined to think it’s all a matter of price. Government’s are only prepared to pay a certain amount for medication’s and standoff’s are a matter of course.

This of course effects us all hugely but TPTB don’t seem to care.

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2023, 10:13:31 PM »

This might not be much help but I wonder if this is part of a deep rooted supply chain problem in the UK?

In the last week, I have bought oestrogen gel, progesterone gel, amitriptyline and propranolol for myself plus patches and Utrogestan (for a friend) in Spain so we don't seem to have any problems with supply here.

I think that, as in this country, it must be a bit hit and miss as to whether something is available https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/spain-suffers-amid-severe-shortage-of-drugs/2805359

Funnily enough I was chatting to someone in the pub only yesterday whose young grandson was taken ill with a chest infection while in Spain last week for half term. He was prescribed amoxicillin but there was none to be found in the immediate area and it took over half a day to locate any. They were told that medicine shortages were really common in Spain. I'm not sure what part of Spain they were in though.  It's all very worrying.

Taz x
Pages: 1 [2]