Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: What's the best thing your partner has done to help you through the menopause?  (Read 504984 times)

katrin

sorry to put a negative spin on itwhen you were asking for apositive --   Ocasionally I get a cuddle.. but I have got to get my partner  to read this forum because he  just doesnt understand- he  views menopause as some strange affliction-which is  accurate on reflection! he is not the sort of man  to  want to know anything   medical  so I am a mystery to him-  my tears and nasty moods are not   He thinks I am a bit crazy-  if I can get him to  educate himself a bit  it he might realise I am not  like this for the hell of  it!   ;D

katrin

have jus ;)t printed off advice for husbands-  thre is no excuse now- so I will report back in a more positive light!

Bckquine

Good luck Katrin, makes a big difference if your partner can show you some sort of compassion/understanding!

Newtc

The best thing was before I found out I'd reached 'the change'.  It was my partners reaction to me completely losing it and telling him I only loved him as a friend and couldn't give him what he wanted any more, so there was no point being together and I didn't want to be with him.  He reacted as though the bottom had fallen out of his world and it made me realise how much he does love me.  It took me 48 hrs to crumble and tell him I didn't mean any of it and the thought of what I could have lost scares me so much.

It's still early days, but four little words from him help so much 'WE'LL get through this'

Bckquine

Awwwwwwwww, that is such a nice story.  I am sure his love will help you get through this.  Good luck.

Lorraine :foryou:

He got on his motor bike and went out.  ;D

katrin

bloody men-they can t help it- they aren't on the same planet. mine has finally read the  blurb about menopause -took 3 weeks!!! hes not aslow reader- just reluctant for some  reason......... and he said  he really didnt undrstand it all  and now he does a little bit   -  he has  defintely been more sympathetic. some progress.  hope the biker returns soon!  :) ;)

Bckquine

Thats good katrin, don't go expecting too much from OH too soon though, they need time to 'digest' all this information, lol!

Yeah, he came back, bless him, he probably thought it was best to get out of the firing line ;D.  He is brilliant really and knows to leave me be when I am having a mad moment.  He does try to help, but like most fellas I think he feels a bit helpless and doesn't know what to do or say for the best. 

veganbiker

I'm so lucky to have my husband, he's 15 years younger. We've been married for 10 years and he is totally laid back and undemanding yet always fun and makes me laugh every day.

He gave me space when I needed space and doesn't hassle me when I just want to be on my own. I always feel we are going through this together.

wee rascal

The best thing my OH does is.....LISTEN  :)
He lets me bitch, moan, snap and rage, when he would have been well justified to dump my crabby ass!  ::)
He tries to help by finding out about natural alternatives for symptoms and then putting up with the tantrums when they never work for me. Then he puts his arms around me and cuddles away my bad mood. I know i'm rather blessed....and I let him know that all the time.

Catherine x

Cupcake

The best thing my OH did was move into the front room during the week! He snores like a pig (sorry do pigs snore?) and with my insomnia I was exhausted. We'll often start off together, but he totally understands if I de-camp during the night.

Elisew

After having had a really lovely weekend with hubby being home, I now have to say that the best thing he`s done to help me through the menopause is to read the info from this forum.  I`m genuinely hoping that I`m not counting my chickens but he`s been more understanding, more accepting and most of all more loving without expecting anything at all in return like he normally does.
He`s been brill over the weekend......long may it continue  :) :) :)

Eli

Agree to a divorce  ;D which is thankfully over now. Eli x

Susieeff1

Spent 8 hours putting up  a ceiling fan (with remote control) in our bedroom just so I would be cooler, only to find that the remote wasn,t compliant with the fan!!!! He is an absolute diamond, never complains and is so understanding. Phones me at work to see how I am. Angel sent from heaven, love him so much.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21