Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: What's the best thing your partner has done to help you through the menopause?  (Read 505025 times)

Suzyq

Lets me sleep with the windows open, even though it's minus 30 outside! That's about as romantic as he gets ...

Taz2

;D

Stayed out of my way... a lot....

Suzyq

Yes taz, mine does that too!

Maggies

I have  a wish list for this one.

So, i wish my OH would understand that I haven't gone mad! and that I have been Perimenopausal for about two years..... So OH please love and support me during this horrid but natural time in my life ...instead of feeling I am against you and everything you do.....help with teenagers, shopping, chores, gardening and giving me endless hugs and cuddles .......that's all I ask xxxxxxxxx

Ju Ju

Maggies, have you told him how you feel and what you need at a calm and peaceful time, not in a stressed moment? Never, ever assume he knows or understands, anymore than you can assume you know what he feels or needs. I have learnt the hard way!

Maggies

Ju Ju

Thanks I have tried so hard you wouldn't believe......spoken , books, forum, meds, doc appt the works. He seems to think I mean all I say ...when in a strop:( ......We use to be happy and ok.Gosh I do wish it was like that again instead it may be the end .......What was the 'hard' way for you ?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 08:46:25 PM by Maggies »

Ju Ju

Maggies,

Could I PM you? I know the forum is anonymous, but I'd feel more comfortable writing about the hard times and what we have done in private. I won't be around for 24 hours, so won't be until tomorrow. Ju Ju

Rose

He is off to work in Spain in 2 days time. That's the best thing he'll have done for years and I'm sure I'll manage just fine on my own. Olay!(coupled with click of heels!)

libbyloo

Its early days for me, around 8 weeks of obvious meno symptoms and all bearable so far. I've been keeping them from my brand new husband of 8 weeks, had no libido on honeymoon at all :-\ which was challenging. He has a great dry sense of humour, recently I did share it with him, he has never seen me upset. I got weepy, his reaction and recent reaction always makes me laugh. He is going to be a tonic. At 49 finally got a keeper.  :D

Rose

My DH came back from Spain as it was all a scam and there never was a job there. He is here 24/7 and driving me and everyone else crazy. I honestly believe that if a man can't cope with PMT symptoms then the menopause will be completely beyond him. I refuse intimacy that is for his gratification, leaving me sore. Envy those who have understanding partners but good luck to them. Everyone deserves to be happy.

Mags 7101

My husband has been an angel I have shouted at him punched him and screamed at him but he is always there for me cooking doing the washing getting the weekly shopping and still he listens to me going on about feeling mad I love him it helped having this website I printed of the hubby bits

Spadger

Feel very lucky, hubby is sympathetic and helpful - he reads about my meno symptoms on the internet and suggests things to try, puts up with my mood swings and constant hot flushes. I work full time, he's retired but does the shopping and cleaning (I do the washing and ironing), I really appreciate what an absolute diamond he is; all night it's duvet on/duvet off, windows open/closed - and every day he tells me he loves me and that I am beautiful.
I am truly blessed  :)

Hilary66

I am so lucky I married my soul mate 26 years ago,he is my best friend and daily shows me the meaning of love,he understands and consoles me and tells me together we can climb any mountain ,we have coped with all my health problems through the tears and we will be each other's strength through the menopause .Love is all we need.Hilary66  :)

Scampi18

My husband Is also amazing, I am just glad he hadn't left me, which is a surprise the way he is treated, and nothing happening in the bedroom dept.  what a great man I have, love him so much.

babyjane

I have one of those Scampi, he just loves me for who I am and doesn't mind whether he gets something on toast or a home cooked meal for his dinner. He just wants me to feel better and does what he can to help. when I feel better I return the favour and look after him. We have a partnership  :love:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21