Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Bladder - have to "push" wee out  (Read 35754 times)

Elena

Re: Bladder - have to "push" wee out
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 08:01:35 AM »

Yes it was Taz.  Page 2 half way down.  Do you think I got confused a bit?! lol

oh well, I now have a tube of progesterone should I ever need it in future.  Meanwhile I'll just carry on reducing the citalopram very slowwwwwwwly.

Elena

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2013, 04:56:12 PM »

Well today was the day of my gynae appt re. the "having to push my wee out" problem. 

Firstly I was seen by a young lady doctor who was in training I would imagine.  She asked a lot of questions and some of them she repeated (?) which made me wonder which of us had the memory problem  ;D

I also decided to mention the recent bout of soreness in the perineal area since when I at last got round to looking at it in a magnifying mirror yesterday I noticed 2 red lesions which, with my history of lichen sclerosis, made me a bit uneasy.  I explained that I had started to apply Ovestin to the area to help with the sensitive urethra prob and this new soreness.  She asked what Ovestin was  :o so I explained.

After this she examined me and said she couldnt see the lesions.  Luckily the nurse who was assisting her could  ???

Then the Gynae came in, saw her a couple of years back and she is very nice.  She also examined me and then we had a chat.  It seems that the small prolapse that I have is not the cause of the bladder problem.  She is referring me to a Urologist as she says it sounds as if I have a blockage in the neck of my bladder.  Either he will then operate or he will refer her back to me.  Meanwhile I have to carry on using the Ovestin for the soreness.  Firstly each day for a fortnight and then twice weekly.  I've decided I will also use Diprobase moisturiser during the day to ward off the soreness.  I have follow up appt with her in 3 months time.

So, there we have it.  Not exactly straightforward but I guess once I see Bladder Man I will know more..

Trey

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2013, 05:53:12 PM »

The bladder often kinks from prolapse alone.  Lots of non surgical things can help.  Urodynamics will be helpful.  Does leaning forward help.  Usually with prolapse one starts off ok, just doesn't empty well, so yours could very well be unrelated. Hope it gets figured out.

Trey

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2013, 09:13:21 PM »

Millimoo,  please Google Pelvic Floor Dysfunction.  Pelvic muscles in spasm will cause some of what your describe and it solved by experienced physical therapist, not surgery.  Worth a look.

libby1

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 01:27:28 PM »

How old is 'old'? To have surgery, I mean  ;)

Libby
x

Taz2

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2013, 01:32:47 PM »

It depends on your overall health I reckon as to when you are too old for surgery.

Taz x  :)

Taz2

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2013, 04:12:54 PM »

That's the position I'm in at the moment re a hyster for prolapse followed at a later date by a TVT for bladder prolapse. I have put it off for a year but as the gynae said "You're not getting any younger and you  may find that other health problems will crop up which means you can't have surgery".

Or course an upside of the hyster would be oestrogen only HRT - yay!

Taz x

Elena

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2013, 11:17:48 PM »

Thanks Trey, I;ll have a look at that.  Just wondering what the blockage could be, and whether it's connected to the blood in the urine problem. 

Elena

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 10:19:12 AM »

Hi Trey

I had a look at Pelvic Floor Dysfunction; what I read implies that incontinence is involved but i dont have that problem, thank goodness.  I only have a small prolapse and gynae didnt think that was the cause of the problem.  The word "blockage" combined with the several instances of blood in my urine is ringing alarm bells but I am trying not to ponder on that too much.   Too busy anyway to be honest, trying to sort out other people's problems as usual :(

Re your suggestion of leaning forwards - yes, that definitely helps to empty bladder.

Trey

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 01:26:10 PM »

I had a recent CT scan for pain and the doctor was looking for bladder stones. Wonder if that could be it, Milliemoo.  Certainly stones can cause occasional bleeding.  I'd never heard of bladder stones before, just kidney stones.

Elena

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 03:00:13 PM »

I dont have pain though, and bladder stones surely must be painful?:(

Trey

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 03:11:09 PM »

A certain percent bleed occasionally for no apparent reason.  Will be good to get it sorted.  Kidney stones can cause bleeding with no pain, so I just don't know.

Elena

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2013, 03:18:45 PM »

Did they find that you had bladder stones in the end Trey?

Trey

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2013, 04:04:58 PM »

No, diverticulitis. Quite infected. Better now.  I have too much time to dwell on negatives now with Don gone.  So I have lots of new symptoms from stress.  Annoying!

Elena

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2013, 10:01:29 PM »

:(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4