Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: TV - Did anyone see...  (Read 88982 times)

Joyce

Re: TV - Did anyone see...
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2012, 09:55:37 AM »

Oh heck, too many things on at once if Homeland starts next Sunday.  What to watch?  What to record?  Arghhhhhh     ;)

English Rose

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2012, 08:11:15 PM »

Re: "Leaving"  - the programme that some of you mentioned earlier in the thread....really enjoying watching this and the "older woman / younger man" thing resonates! (I never did fancy older men much when I was younger and I still don't nowadays  ;) )  However, I wish they hadn't used such a glamorous older woman to play "Julie".  I think a more ordinary-looking woman in the role would have been more of a boost to all of us ordinary -looking women out there i.e. to lead us to believe we could still pull an attractive younger man....oh well, I can dream  ;D. Looking forward to seeing how it all ends - probably not happily if realistic x

flushtered

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2012, 08:24:50 PM »

I'm watching it too, but don't identify with it very much as my sons are nearly 23 and 20 and for me to fancy a younger man would feel wrong to me, if as young as my sons.  Does that make sense?  Also, I'm dreading if the young guy gets his heart broken by her as one of my sons had a heartbreak, it was so hard - nobody told me it was worse when it happens to them than when it happened to yourself.  Anyway....on a lighter note, yes Julie is far too glam!

English Rose

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2012, 08:39:30 PM »

OOh interesting flushtered.  Yes it does make sense and for me I guess younger men I'd find attractive would indeed be older than "Aaron" in the series. I guess it all depends on context - the old adage of work colleagues, always some interesting relationship dynamics there. I think the young man is supposed to be mid-twenties isn't he? But I agree he does look rather youthful (and certainly acts it........lol). I would be horrified if my young adult son went off with a woman 20 years older - but on the other hand -  the older man/younger woman scenario has always been more socially acceptable..but not something I have ever really craved myself.  Different strokes for different folks I guess....(pardon the pun ;) )

Oldteen

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2012, 12:14:25 PM »

Yes a man in his forties would be young enough for me! It is annoying that it's always seen as acceptable for a man to be 20 years older than the woman though. I wonder if it's just our age-obsessed culture, or whether it happens in others too?

catweazle

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2012, 03:34:24 PM »

Looks like HOMELAND starts in the US on 30th Sept. Not sure when channel 4 will be showing it, but series 1 is being repeated on More4 from tomorrow at 11.05pm (might record it and watch again, to refresh the old meno brain). Looks like it's on every night.
Maybe we'll get the new series when the re-runs are done?  ???  :-\
Can't wait  :bounce:

Catweazle x

English Rose

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2012, 06:13:54 PM »

BOB - Mmmm yes - but maybe one in his thirties woud be even better  ;)  I am a hypocrite saying that because if I heard a bloke saying the same thing about younger women I would think him patriarchal, sexist and ageist - talk about double standards!! I wouldn't be surprised if the man/woman age difference is more a Western culture thing - in my parents day I think it was still more acceptable for the man to be a bit older.  Things are changing now though and I think there are a fair proportion of women married to younger men (me included...but only by a year, unfortunately  ;D)

catweazle

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2012, 06:32:36 PM »

Ooo just heard that Homeland season 2 starts on Channel 4 on Sunday 7th October at 9pm.

Woo hoo!  :bounce:

Catweazle x

purplenanny

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2012, 06:36:43 PM »

It looks good from the ads, but I did not see series one , is it still worth watching?
Purplenanny

littleminnie

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2012, 07:07:40 PM »

It is really good PN. The 2 main characters have just won Emmys. They are showing series 1 again soon, every night.

san

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2012, 08:32:25 PM »

Anyone a Merlin fan? It starts on 6 Oct  :)

san

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2012, 09:02:29 PM »

Hunted starts on the thur 4th  :ola:
If you're a Spooks fan they say this will be up your street  ;)

littleminnie

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2012, 09:06:22 PM »

Ooh I'll set it up (loved Spooks). What channel San?

san

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2012, 09:35:06 PM »

Ooh I'll set it up (loved Spooks). What channel San?
BBC1 here's a trailer to wet your apatite :D

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/hunted/22159/exclusive-bbc-spy-drama-hunted-trailer

purplenanny

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2012, 09:49:46 PM »

It is really good PN. The 2 main characters have just won Emmys. They are showing series 1 again soon, every night.

Thanks Littleminnie, I will look out for it. PN x x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23