Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: TV - Did anyone see...  (Read 88988 times)

Bette

Re: TV - Did anyone see...
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2012, 08:10:19 PM »

Finally got round to watching "a mother's son" last night - recorded it ages ago. Really good; Martin Clunes was excellent in a straight role and I found it all very believable and thought-provoking.

catweazle

« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2012, 07:12:02 AM »

I watched that last week Bette, found it in my collection on my Tivo!
Very good, I really enjoyed it.

I've recorded last night's Homeland. Me and Hubby were too busy watching Prison Break, on DVD. It's brilliant and very addictive. We watched 3 episodes last night! Hubby rarely watches anything through to the end but he's glued to this.

Catweazle x

Bette

« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2012, 07:32:06 AM »

We recorded Homeland too. We never watch "live" tv, tbh and usually watch DVD boxsets. We've just finished the 2nd series of "Between The Lines" (cop show from the 1990s - still good and fascinating to see now-famous actors in bit parts) and are watching House Series 7. OH was browsing through sci-fi box-sets on Amazon last night. Never tried Prison Break - maybe we should?  ??? Is there anything you could compare it with which I might have seen?
Bette x

littleminnie

« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2012, 07:48:11 AM »

Watching boxed set DVDs is one of the 50 things you do if you are 'middle class', according to The Times on Saturday.  :o

Bette

« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2012, 07:51:13 AM »

Oh dear.  :-\ Mind you, I initially read that as "middle age" - not sure which is worse!  ;D We don't read The Times, though, does that change things?!
Bette x

littleminnie

« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2012, 07:53:56 AM »

I'm not sure.  :)

changesbabe

« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2012, 07:57:44 AM »

I really really enjoyed the first two series of prison break - after that I gave up as it seemed to get a bit ridiculous. The first two series tho are pretty tense and kept me hooked.

Life has been a bit crazy lately I have got so much tv to catch up on. I am beyond tired today with nothing planned - a day on the sofa with the remote sounds manageable. Xxx

lady57

« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2012, 09:13:46 AM »

My daughter lent me the Prison Break series, I adored it. The later series were more involved and rather unbelievable but I followed them all to the bitter, heartbreaking, overwhelming end when i sobbed and sobbed all evening just as my daughter did too. She gave me a Fox River 8 fridge magnet that christmas and even now i sometimes listen to the closing song with my eyes closed and remember it all.....

Rowan

« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2012, 05:19:42 PM »

Has anyone watched the movie "Prometheus" yet on Sky ( you have to pay for it) planning to view it at the weekend. Its one of those Scifi films that is hard to figure out and everyone has their own interpretation.

It looks good though, just the kind of film I like :)

Bette

« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2012, 06:05:13 PM »

Planning to rent that on blu-ray. Looking forward to it as it's connected to the Alien films.
Bette x
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 07:01:13 PM by Bette »

littleminnie

« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2012, 06:44:04 PM »

Saw it in the supermarket today, I fancy watching it too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2012, 09:20:31 PM »

Strictly 2, followed by the 1 Show followed by Mamma Mia!

lady57

« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2012, 01:21:12 PM »

This wasn't on TV, it was a DVD my husband had to watch that we put on last night. It was called We Need to Talk about Kevin. I don't know what we were expecting but it wasn't that, very thought provoking but not really entertainment, too grim.

Bette

« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2012, 01:38:11 PM »

That's one of those films I want to see and yet don't, IYKWIM.  :-\
Bette x

changesbabe

« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2012, 01:58:07 PM »

I started to read the book but gave up because it was too grim - it's not often I surrender with a book but just couldn't continue with that one. Saw Prometheus at the cinema - am not a sci fi fan but hubby is - needless to say I never thought much of Prometheus.

Am looking for a decent box set to get my teeth into over the winter - any suggestions welcome - not a fan of period drama tho - but enjoy anything with a good tense story.

Am afraid the two programmes I won't miss just now are Dallas and the great British bake off - I know I really need to get out more!! Xxx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23