Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: How can people do this?  (Read 10232 times)

Rose

How can people do this?
« on: November 16, 2013, 09:37:52 PM »

I went with a friend to visit her son's grave, yesterday and it has been vandalized! I am shocked that someone could do this. her son was only 21 and was a passenger in a fatal car crash. I have tried to be there for my friend but I could only hold her as she cried, yesterday. Photo gone, beautiful words of remembrance. The cemetery didn't even phone her but left their card at the grave. I am so glad that she wasn't alone and angry at the vandals plus cemetery officials. Sorry but I am on my soap box and really cross. Has this happened to anyone else?

valiantkate

Re: How can people do this?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 10:25:55 PM »

It's unforgivable- your poor friend. It makes me so sad and angrry when I hear about this, on the whole people are lovely and kind, it only takes a couple of fools to destroy your belief in that 'goodness'.  :'( :'(
I dont know how your friend copes with the loss of her son- and then to have to see this vandalism. Please tell her that I am thinking of her- and send her a  virtual hug and my love.

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 10:35:26 PM »

Words fail me Rose. Just as well your friend had you yesterday! Despicable. Send her a hug from me.  :hug:

purplenanny

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 10:36:57 PM »

This is a really awful thing to happen to your friend when she has already suffered such a tragic loss.  I cannot even begin to imagine how she felt and what a blessing you were with her. You must have both been so shocked and upset. Comfort hugs to you both. Purplenanny x x

Rose

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 11:18:31 PM »

Thank you all for replying. I was so upset for her and with her. He was a lovely lad and was getting a lift home with his friend's Mum, after staying overnight at theirs. Bright sunny morning, she turned into the path of an oncoming car and both were killed. She probably was blinded by the sun. It can happen so quickly. I really admire my friend. I saw her turn into a zombie after his death til now, four years on, she has accepted his death and now this destruction. I will tell her you all send hugs and sympathy. Just go angry.

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 07:11:08 PM »

That was a horrible thing to happen.
As Cubagirl says, words are not enough.
Hugs to you and your friend

:hug:  :hug:   :hug:

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 07:24:26 PM »

I am so sorry. Thank goodness you were there. You are a wonderful, supportive friend.

Rose

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 08:45:36 PM »

Thanks all. I really will tell her your sorrow at what has happene

Rose

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 08:56:39 PM »

Don't know what happened there but to finish; she is a fantastic friend to me. her husband left her a year after son's death as he couldn't deal with it. I know that being around depressed people is hard but she needed to be listened to. It is beyond words what has been done but obviously there is something wrong with those who did it.

Dyan

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 09:16:52 AM »

How awful Rose.
It makes me so mad :cuss:
 :hug: for you and your friend.

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 11:08:42 AM »

What a horrible thing to have happened - at least you were with her so she didn't have to face it alone.  Sending you both  :hug:

Rose

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 09:05:38 PM »

Have wonderful news! my friend rang me last night to say that the memorial plaque had been found intact! The guy that did it had pried the plaques off a few graves and had them in the boot of his car. Police had traced my friend and told her. There is obviously something wrong with someone who steals plaques from graves. I am so happy that she has the original plaque back. Thank you ladies. You always come up trumps, no matter what  :foryou: Hospital for me tomorrow so wish me luck!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 10:15:05 PM »

'They' do it because they can.  Probably didn't think he would get caught or maybe wanted to get caught as he needs help ........ what a sad story all round, it is often the case that the husband leaves after a tradegy because they don't get the support that the mother receives so they feel on a limb.